Goodbye Horses

"I've seen the sky just begin to fall"

* * *

It all seemed to happen in slow motion. In the matter of seconds, the hotel room door went flying open. Spencer barged into the room with his gun drawn, holding back the tears in his eyes as well as attempting to suppress the rage coursing through his veins.

   The team wasn't too far behind him as they watched the young doctor quickly lower and holster his gun. He stared blankly at the room before a bright blue note, placed neatly on the nightstand, caught his eye. He approached the piece of paper and looked down at it, quickly reading it. Only two words.

  Good luck.

   Spencer's jaw clenched before he lost all sense of control. His body lashed out before his brain could be reasonable. He reached out, throwing everything on the nightstand to the ground in a fit of rage. The team stood back in shock as books smashed to the ground, Spencer burying his face in his hands.

   "Reid," Hotch said, approaching the shaken doctor. "    Come on, let's try to stay calm. I know it's difficult but let's...we need to have a clear mind."

   Spencer looked up at his boss, his eyes completely drained of any positive emotion. He sucked back tears and shook his head, feeling completely lost and completely broken. He didn't know what to do with himself. He didn't know how to breathe or how to act. He felt completely broken.

   "She's gone," Spencer mumbled. "My girlfriend...my girlfriend is gone, Hotch. Bella

was kidnapped by a deranged psychopath. Please explain to me how I'm supposed to have a clear mind."

   Hotch frowned as the rest of the team glanced around at each other. Bella Snow, their youngest agent, was now a missing person. There wasn't a single trace of her left in this room.

   "What if he kills her?" Spencer started to panic. "I don't even know where to begin! I don't know what to do!"

   A cold breeze brushed past the team as Kit appeared, walking around the room and hovering behind all of them. His eyes were stricken with fear as he looked at the scene of the crime. He wished that they could see and hear him. He had so much to say.

   "Look for Gianna," Kit demanded. "You need to look for Gianna."

   The team began to walk about the room, looking for anything that might lead them to where Bella might be, or how Doug managed to get in and out. Derek opened up the bathroom door, the body of Bella's bodyguard laying inside with a gunshot wound to his head.

   "He must've used a silencer," Rossi said. "He was able to kill an armed guard without any attention being drawn."

   "But how did he slip by everyone without anyone noticing?" Emily asked. "He's a wanted man, people would've recognized him."