Drift Away

"Happily watching her drift away"

*          *          *

   Spencer ran his fingers through his hair before adjusting the pitch black tie he was wearing. Bella sat on the end of their bed, her leg bouncing up and down as she stared up at him. She smoothed out the lavender colored dress she was wearing, her hands shaky. 

   "Say that again," Spencer said, putting on his suit jacket. "Alistair did what?"

   "He found the men who killed his family," Bella said. "He murdered them, there's an article on it."

   "And you dreamt about it?"

   "Yes! They admitted to killing his family!"

   Spencer turned around and let out a sigh, "What do you want to do about it?"

   "I don't know," Bella sighed, standing up. "I feel like my head is going to explode because I--I don't know what to do!"

   "Well did you see where he went?"

   Bella shook her head, "No, I know the men were found in Texas because that's what the article stated. But I have no idea where Alistair went from there. I don't even know how he found those men. I don't know if he's after anyone else."

   Spencer frowned and shrugged, "Well to be fair, it doesn't seem like there's a lot that you could be doing. You don't have any solid information on his whereabouts. You only saw what the media reported."

   Furrowing her eyebrows, Bella looked down at the ground as Spencer walked to the dresser, grabbing his cologne and spraying it on. Bella began to chew on her bottom lip, catching the attention of Spencer as he slowly turned around.

   "You're chewing on your lip," he pointed, walking over to her and softly grabbing her face.

   "No I'm not," Bella sighed, looking up at him.

   He chuckled, "You do that whenever you're thinking about something hard. Talk to me, Bells. I'm here."

   He lowered his hands as Bella wiped her nose and scrunched her eyebrows together, trying to put her feelings into words.

   "It's just that...I feel like I owe something to the world," she said.

   "Why do you say that?" Spencer asked. 

   "I was the last person he talked to before escaping. He murdered his father because I gave him the location. I feel like I...maybe I should try to find him."

   "You want him caught?"

   "You don't?"

   Spencer shrugged, "I don't know, he's killing the type of people that shouldn't be here in the first place. He went after the people who killed his wife and children, I say good for him."