As The World Caves In

"I weep and say goodnight love"

*          *          *

   Bella's eyes fluttered open as she slowly pulled herself out of a peaceful sleep. It wasn't filled with nightmares or sad memories, it was completely pleasant. She could hear light rain tapping the bedroom window as she looked up at the ceiling. 

   Looking down, Bella grinned to herself as Spencer rested his head on her chest. His breathing was calm and light as he still peacefully slept, his arm slung around her waist. Bella lightly ran her fingers through his soft hair, twirling her finger around his hazel curls. She pressed her lips against the top of his head softly, his hair tickling her face. 

   A loud boom of thunder crashed over the sky as Spencer slowly opened his eyes, disturbed by the sound. He blinked slowly as he listened to Bella's steady heartbeat. He felt his eyes slowly start to shut again at the feel of Bella's fingers through his hair. 

   "You're warm," Spencer whispered, cuddling into Bella some more. 

   Bella wrapped her arms around him and grinned, "So are you. It's perfect for this cold and dreary day." 

   "So are you saying that we get to stay in bed all day? Because I'm totally ok with that."

   "I have to get groceries," Bella laughed.

   "Who cares about groceries?" Spencer responded, pulling Bella into him more. 

   He looked up to meet Bella's gaze, flashing her a crooked smile. She stared down at him and flashed a smiled, her dimple deepening. 

   "Spence, the dinner you made last night was a peanut butter sandwich with a side of canned beans," Bella laughed. "We need groceries, I'm going to go to Glen's Garden Market."

   "Fair enough," Spencer laughed. "I'll join you, it'll give me something to do on this day off."

   "No it's ok, you don't have to. I'm not going to be long anyway, I already have a list."

   "I don't mind-"

   "I'll be fine."

   Spencer raised his eyebrows, "Ok. If you insist." 

   Bella knew that there was no way in hell that she could allow Spencer to go with her. Her grocery shopping was also going to consist of buying party supplies for the surprise party she had planned for him. He had failed to tell the team it was his 30th birthday 3 months prior, so now Bella was going to force him to celebrate it. 

   Kissing Spencer's forehead, Bella threw the blankets off of herself and pulled herself out of bed. She rubbed her eyes and pulled back the curtains, looking out onto the gloomy day. Rain hit the windows hard. The sky was grey and cloudy as thunder continued to boom loudly.