Yellow

"For you, I'd bleed myself dry"

*          *          *

   "Surprise!" the team yelled as the doors opened, JJ walking inside. 

   A wide smile spread across her face as she gasped in shock. She moved her hands up to her mouth as the team cheered and laughed, pure joy filling all of them. They were so glad to finally have her back on the team now that Ashley was transferring out. 

   "You're back, you're back, you're back!" Penelope squealed, wrapping JJ in a hug.

   "I'm back!" JJ laughed, hugging Penelope tightly.

   Bella took a sip of her champagne before setting it down, a wide smile pasting her face as she held her arms out and embraced JJ. She was glad that she was finally back, she missed seeing her every single day. Now that there was so much tension between her and Hotch, Bella needed someone to talk to about it. 

   "Welcome back, JJ," Bella smiled, hugging JJ. "We've missed you."

   "It feels good to be back," JJ said as her and Bella pulled away from the hug. 

   Bella grinned as JJ went around, hugging the rest of the team as they welcomed her back. Bella stood quietly, holding her glass of champagne closely as she kept her eyes glued to the ground. She could feel Spencer's eyes burning into her the entire time, knowing that he was itching to comfort her. She didn't need to be comforted. There was no way to comfort her.

   Hotch had broken Bella's heart in one of the worst ways a heart could be broken. He made her feel weak and he made her feel crazy. He was one of her best friends, a person she thought she could trust with anything. But she felt herself growing apart from him. She felt herself questioning if she really knew him at all. He was different. He felt different.

   "Hey," Bella heard Spencer say softly. She looked up into his concern filled eyes. "Are you ok?"

   "Yeah," Bella lied. "I'm fine. Why?"

   "You look sad."

   Bella sighed, "Do I? I think I'm just tired honestly."

   Spencer's eyes scanned Bella's face. She frowned, hating whenever he would try to profile her. He knew that she was hurting in some way, but couldn't figure out why. She hadn't mentioned any reason as to why she would be upset. It was confusing him and breaking his heart all at once. 

   "Are you sure?" Spencer questioned.

   Bella gave a thin smile and nodded, "Yes, I'm sure. Don't worry about me, I'm going to be ok."

   Spencer hesitated before brushing Bella's hair over her shoulder, "Ok. If you ever need to talk, I'm always going to be here."

   "I know."