Fade Into You

"I look to you to see the truth"

*          *          *

4 MONTHS LATER

   Shielding her eyes from the hot sun, Bella smiled as the warm air around her hugged her entire body. The team had decided to splurge, renting a house in a Hawaii to take a much needed vacation there. Hotch was hesitant at first, not wanting to miss 2 weeks worth of work. But eventually the team convinced him to do so.

   Bella laid down on the long chair, throwing on a pair of sunglasses as she looked out into the water. In the distance, Derek flirted with multiple women as Rossi continued to order drinks at the bar. Kevin and Penelope shared a margarita while sunbathing, Will and JJ laughing together under a large umbrella. 

   Emily walked over, handing Bella a margarita and taking a seat next to her. Bella gasped, taking the alcoholic beverage from the brunette woman.

   "I needed this," she said. "Thank you."

   "Don't worry about it," Emily said. "I scored it before Rossi bought all the alcohol from the bar."

   Bella glanced over at the older man, "His tolerance is insane."

   "Tell me about it." 

   The two women sipped their margaritas as Bella listened to the silent crash of the waves on the beach. She needed this. It had been 4 months since she was kidnapped, even though she had been going to counseling something still felt off. She longed to feel normal again, to have the team not look at her like a wounded animal. Her bruises had cleared up, only a few scars still visible on her arm and a light one on her cheek. 

   Bella glanced over to see Hotch and Spencer sitting at a table in the shade. Spencer buried his face in a book as Hotch put on a pair of sunglasses, ignoring the eyes of countless women staring at him. With a shake of her head, Bella let out a laugh. 

   "Look at them," she scoffed. "Such buzzkills."

   "Total buzzkills," Emily agreed, biting on her straw. 

   With a grin, Bella pulled her sundress off, leaving herself in her bikini. Emily looked over, widening her eyes and letting out a chuckle. Bella set down her drink, making her way over to Spencer and Hotch. She ignored the creepy stares she got from men as she slowly approached Spencer, his eyes glancing over his book and slightly widening. 

   "What are you two up to?" Bella asked. 

   "Reading," Spencer answered with a large gulp. Bella grinned before looking over at Hotch.

   "Waiting to go back inside," he answered.

   Bella rolled her eyes and leaned in, "Hotch, do you even realize how many women are checking you out right now?"