Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy

"Say the word, your wish is my command"

*          *          *

   Bella held up her engagement ring with two fingers, staring at it intensely. It still felt unreal, as if she was hallucinating the entire thing. She still couldn't believe that she was engaged. Engaged to Dr. Spencer Reid, the love of her life. If this was a dream, she never wanted to wake up.

   Her back pressed against the headboard of the bed as she sat there, her eyes glued to the ring in front of her. It was beautiful, absolutely breathtaking. She slowly slid it back onto her finger, staring at it that way as well before taking it off again. She found it fun to stare at.

   A light snore came from beside her, Spencer sleeping peacefully on their day off. Spencer's favorite day was Saturday, it meant that he could sleep it. Unless they were called out of course, but it seemed like serial killers wanted to take a day off today. Bella looked over and grinned, softly running her fingers through Spencer's hair. Slowly, his mouth turned up into a grin.

   "Sorry," Bella whispered, removing her hand. "I didn't mean to wake you."

   "I'm awake?" Spencer whispered back, softly fluttering his eyes open. "Are you sure I'm not still dreaming?"

   "Do your dreams typically include fiancées with terrible bed head?"

   Spencer grinned before closing his eyes again, "Fiancée...I like that word. Fiancée, fiancée, fiancée. You're my fiancée. I'm your fiancé." 

   Bella laughed, "It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

   "Indeed it does," Spencer responded before opening his eyes again. "May I ask why you're sitting up?"

   "No reason, just thinking. Staring at my ring. Trying to process all of this."

   "Trying to process it in a good way or a bad way?"

   Bella smiled, "A good way of course." She set her ring down on the nightstand before laying back down next to Spencer. "Spence, this is the second engagement ring I've gotten in the past 4 years. But the only one I've been happy about. I am so excited to marry you, I'm just shocked that it's actually happening. It used to only be something I daydreamt about."

   Spencer laughed, "Me too. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't already thought of what our cake will look like."

   "As long as it's strawberry, I'm ok with whatever," Bella smiled. "How did your mom react to the news?"

   "She's ecstatic," Spencer said, pulling Bella into his arms. "She told me she's happy to finally have a daughter."

   "That's sweet," Bella smiled to herself. "My sisters were overcome with joy too, especially Rory. The second I asked her to be the maid of honor she started planning the bachelorette party."