If I Could Fly

"For your eyes only"

*          *          *

   Blinking herself awake, Bella felt nerves already started to creep through her body. It was June 18, 2011. Today was the day. Her and Spencer were finally going to be married. She could finally call him her husband. She felt as if she had been waiting her entire life for this moment. 

   As Bella's eyes slowly opened, she could make out a figure standing over her. She furrowed her eyebrows, rubbing her eyes so she could get a better look at the person standing above her. Her eyes finally focused, making out the smiling face of her younger sister.

   "You're getting married today," Aurora smiled. "Time for you to get up! Time for breakfast, a beautiful array of donuts, and then we'll get you all dolled up! It's your big day!"

   "Rory, what time is it?" Bella groaned.

   Aurora looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand, "7:30."

   "Rory!" Bella exclaimed, widening her eyes. "The wedding isn't until 3!"

   "I know, I know," Rory said, collapsing on the bed next to Bella. "I'm just so excited! It feels like Christmas morning." 

   Bella couldn't help but grin, glad that Aurora was there to help her with this entire day. Rory had always been good at planning, in love with organizing and planning events. She had been talking about the wedding more than Spencer and Bella combined. 

   "We still have to pick up the dresses," Aurora said. "Then we do your hair and makeup, as well as the bridesmaids' makeup and hair. In total that'll be you, me, Charlotte, Phoebe, Hyacinth, and Gianna all getting our hair and makeup done. We also have to get lunch somewhere, a small lunch. Maybe I can order sandwiches from that good café downtown. We also have to get the rings, do you have the rings? Wait no, Rossi has the rings."

   "Slow down," Bella laughed. "We have time. We have time."

   "I'm just excited, I can't help it! I love weddings! I love you and Spencer. I love that you're getting married. You know, as kids I always thought that you would be the last one to get married. I thought that I would be the first. Oh how I was wrong."

   Bella looked over at her younger sister, "What ever happened to Josiah? Didn't you two go out on a couple dates?"

   Aurora nodded, "Yeah, we somewhat just drifted apart. We still talk but...I don't know where we stand. I'm just afraid that I'm not going to meet anyone in time."

   "You're going to meet someone, Rory," Bella said. "For years I felt the same way you did. I felt as if I wasn't going to meet anyone and I'd be lonely forever. But that's not the case. You're beautiful, smart, hilarious, and caring. Who wouldn't be totally in love with you?"

   Sitting up, Aurora tossed her hair behind her shoulder and smirked, "I know right."

   Bella let out a laugh and sat up, shoving Aurora playfully and grabbing the nearest donut.