Walden Pond

"May you find your love to last"

*          *          *

   "No," Aurora said as soon as Bella stepped out of the dressing room. "That one is a hard no." 

   "I'm with her on that one," Hyacinth said, her nose scrunching up.

   "Maybe try one with more sparkles," Charlotte suggested. 

   "Maybe more lace," Phoebe added.

   Gianna nodded, "The ones with the small gems on them are really pretty!"

   Bella huffed, frustrated with having to try on countless dresses. This was now number 8, one she had picked out herself. It was plain white and was a slim flit, hugging her body tightly and showing off her curves. 

   "I can't believe you didn't like the one I picked out," Penelope pouted, taking a sip of her champagne. 

   "Penny, there were so many sparkles it was almost blinding," Bella smiled. 

   "That's the best part!" 

   Aurora raised her glass to that statement, clinking glasses with Penelope. Having to try on so many dresses was starting to weigh Bella down, adding even more stress to this entire wedding process. She was excited to marry Spencer, she wanted to marry Spencer. But something inside of her was still aching with fear.

   "Try the one I picked out!" JJ smiled.

   Bella pressed her lips together before shutting the door to the dressing room. Emily helped herself to another glass of champagne, checking her phone every couple of minutes. She put on a smile, wanting to be happy for her friend and not let her nerves take over her body. 

   "My mom would've wanted her to wear a giant ballgown," Aurora whispered over to Emily, startling the agent and making her look up from her phone. 

   "Hm?" Emily said. "Oh, yeah." 

   Aurora studied Emily's face before grinning, "Your lipstick color is very pretty on you."

   Emily's lips turned up slightly as she blushed, "Oh--uh--thank you."

   Bella opened up the dressing room door and stepped out, wearing a large gown with a sweetheart neckline. She looked at herself in the mirror and cringed slightly, hating the way it fit her body.

   "I like it," Phoebe shrugged.

   "That's because you have poor taste," Hyacinth mumbled, raising an eyebrow. 

   "I'd give it maybe a 6," Gianna said with a smile. "I honestly think you look beautiful in any single one of these dresses."

   Bella let out a groan as Charlotte widened her eyes, sensing how frustrated her sister was. She stood up, walking over and placing a gentle hand on Bella's back. She could see light tears in Bella's eyes, the young doctor clearly frustrated and overwhelmed.