As It Seems

"'Cause in this life you must find something to live for"

Episodes: "Hit" and "Run" (Season 7, Episodes 23 and 24)

*          *          *

   "Ok, ok, uh, the TV movie is in hall H at 9:00," Penelope said, looking down her iPad. "Can we go to that?"

   "Absolutely!" Bella answered as she walked beside Penelope and Spencer, each of them dressed in Dr. Who cosplay. 

   "You think we can make it to the Captains of the Enterprise panel at 11:00?" Spencer asked. 

   "Obviously!" Penelope exclaimed before looking over at Bella and Spencer. "Guys, thanks for coming with me."

   "Of course!" Bella smiled. "I've been knitting Spencer that scarf for weeks!"

   Spencer tossed a part of the scarf over his shoulder as Penelope chuckled. Each one of them had spent weeks preparing their outfits for this convention. Penelope had come dressed as the 11th doctor, Spencer dressed as the 4th doctor, and Bella dressed as Rose Tyler. 

   As they walked closer towards the doors of the convention, Bella let out a sharp gasp. Kevin was walking towards the entrance as well, accompanied by another woman. Bella immediately cringed, knowing that Penelope and Kevin had just recently broken up. 

   "Penelope," Kevin said, his eyes widening.

   "Kevin," Penelope responded, seeing that she and Kevin were wearing the same outfit. "Hi, you came...and you brought a friend. CSU technician Sharp, how are you?"

   "Fine, you?" the woman asked.

   Penelope nodded, "I am also fine. Ok well...see ya!"

   Spencer physically cringed next to Bella before Penelope grabbed them both by the arm and began to walk away.

   "You're not going to go in?" Kevin asked.

   "No, actually, we just went in and it's super lame," Penelope lied. "So...we're leaving."

   Kevin nodded, "Oh...ok. Great costume!"

   "Yeah, you too."

   Spencer and Bella frowned as Penelope dragged them both away, getting farther and farther away from the convention. Bella turned and looked back at the building, opening her mouth to say something before Penelope yanked her away even harder. 

   "Well, that was awkward," Spencer commented.

   "We used to come every year," Penelope sighed. "I can't believe he brought someone else."

   "Well, you brought someone else."

   Penelope rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I brought a married couple that I couldn't possibly be sexually attracted to."