Hug All Ur Friends

"Life's too short to worry about things that we got wrong"

Episode: "It Takes A Village" (Season 7, Episode 1)

*          *          *

PRESENT DAY

   "We understand that you have been suspended from the BAU for 3 months, is that correct?" Senator Cramer asked.

   "Yes, sir," Bella confirmed, annoyance in her voice.

   "Yet you've been working within the BAU for weeks, yes?"

   Bella hesitated, "Yes, sir."

   "You were suspended 3 months ago by your boss, Agent Hotchner. You were transferred over to the linguistics department, but still managed to weasel your way into this BAU affair. How is that?"

   "I didn't weasel my way in, sir. My team needed my help and I agreed to help them."

   "How were you informed about this particular case?" 

   Bella huffed, "I didn't know about this investigation until after Derek Morgan and Penelope Garcia had found Declan. I was not part of the investigation until after Dr. Spencer Reid and David Rossi had found that Declan was missing. I was brought in shortly after Ian Doyle was arrested."

   The senator furrowed his eyebrows, "And why did they decide to bring you in? Clearly they were doing fine on their own."

   "Perhaps they needed an extra set of eyes."

   "Or perhaps it's because you're married to Agent Reid, an agent who wasn't suspended from the team. An agent that would've informed you of classified information."

   "My relationship to Dr. Reid is irrelevant to this subject."

   "You were suspended for insubordination and releasing classified information to an inmate, is that correct?"

   "Yes, sir."

   The senator looked up from his files and squinted his eyes, "I wouldn't think your boss would trust you with a case after that situation."

   "It didn't matter if he trusted me or not, a little boy was in danger. That's all that mattered."

   "So you think it's ok to dismiss your suspension and return on an investigation, an investigation that went behind the bureau's back?"

   "No, sir. I didn't dismiss my suspension. I was asked to help on this case and I knew that a little boy's life was in danger. His safety was my only concern."

   "This wasn't out of revenge? A personal vendetta?"

   Bella shook her head, "No, sir." 

   The senator leaned back in his seat, "Your entire team is under investigation, yet you continue to defend your actions. Why is that?"