Fine Line

"We'll be alright"

"We'll be alright"

Episodes: "Angels" and "Demons" (Season 9, Episodes 23 and 24)

!ATTENTION! : PLEASE READ FINAL NOTE UNDERNEATH THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER

*          *          *

   Hotch demanded that Bella take some time off to rest due to her post concussion syndrome. At first, she rolled her eyes and tried to convince Hotch that she was fine. But because of Spencer, she found herself in laying in bed while eating ice cream and watching The Golden Girls

   Each day was uneventful, Spencer coming home in time for dinner each night. There were no cases, only stacks upon stacks of paperwork. Bella felt grateful, she hated missing a case. She hated feeling useless at home.

   Snuggling into bed with Spencer was her favorite part of the day. She constantly missed his touch. She missed the way his warm hands felt upon her freezing skin. She loved taking bubble baths with him, soaked in bubbles that smelled like fruit and bath salts that smelled like lavender. She would sit in between his legs, feeling his arms wrap around her and his soft lips trail down her neck.

   It wasn't until one rainy Monday morning, that all the peace and calm started to disappear. Bella didn't wake up to the sound of thunder booming, she woke up to the sound of Spencer's phone ringing. He answered it quickly, whispering so he wouldn't disturb Bella even though she had already woken up. Eventually he hung up the phone before dragging himself out of bed.

   "What is it?" Bella whispered.

   "A case," Spencer whispered before planting a kiss on her cheek. "Don't worry about it, go back to sleep." 

   "Where?"

   "Texas."

   Bella groaned, "That far?" 

   "I'll be home before you know it." 

   "I can take this case too," Bella offered, sitting up. "I've been on house arrest for almost 2 weeks now."

   Spencer shook his head, "I don't want you to imagine the unsub singing, darling."

   Bella rolled her eyes, "Asshole."

   She collapsed back into bed as Spencer laughed, tugging on a pair of pants and rummaging through drawers to find a dress shirt and tie. Bella stared up at the ceiling, wishing that she could go into work. She felt like she was going insane just sitting in the house all day. 

   "What's the case?" she asked.

   "Murdered prostitutes," Spencer answered, running his hand through his hair. "Evidence points to religious overtones." 

   Bella nodded, "Maybe I'll fly in later once I feel better, which I already feel better but you're just being difficult."

   "Please just get some rest," Spencer begged. "I wish I could be laying in bed unable to work."