Laughing On The Outside

"They see me night and daytime"

*          *          *

   "BOO!" Bella yelled as Penelope made her way out of her office.

   "AHHH!" Penelope screamed, dropping the cauldron of candy she was holding. She looked over at Bella, the young doctor laughing as Penelope clutched her chest. "DON'T! DO! THAT!"

   Bella laughed, "I'm sorry, I can't help it! It's Halloween!"

   "You know, Halloween is fun when there's costumes and candy, NOT WHEN YOUR FRIEND IS TRYING TO GIVE YOU A HEART ATTACK!" 

   She grabbed the cauldron, stuffing the candy back inside as Bella continued to laugh. The tech analyst stood up, adjusting her glasses.

   "I like your costume," Bella smiled, looking over Penelope's Tinkerbell costume.

   "Thank you," Penelope smiled. "I suppose I like yours too."

   "Do you even know what it is?"

   "Of course not! You know I don't watch scary movies!"

   Bella gasped, "Penelope! I'm Wendy Torrance! And Spencer is Jack Torrance!"

   "Who?"

   "From The Shining? You've never seen that? 'Hereeeeeeeeeee's Johnny!'" 

   Penelope looked at her with a perplexed expression, "I'm just going to smile and pretend I know what you're talking about." She gave Bella a fake smile and a nod. 

   Bella rolled her eyes, "You have no taste!" 

   "At least when I want to watch a movie it doesn't have to deal with serial killers! Don't you get enough of that at work?" 

   "I think I'm just desensitized to it."

   "You poor thing," Penelope said, patting Bella's cheek before making her way down the stairs.

   Bella followed behind her, reaching into the cauldron and stealing 2 peanut butter cups. Penelope yelped, yanking the cauldron away from her. Bella laughed and made her way over to her desk, tossing Spencer the second peanut butter cup. 

   Derek walked into the room with a large smile on his face, a large cooler in his hands. He had a large red U drawn on the white t shirt he was wearing. Bella squinted, realizing that it was a magnet. 

   "What are you supposed to be?" Bella smirked. 

   With a large smile, Derek lifted up a stuffed animal chick he was holding, "I'm a chick magnet."

   "Of course you are!" Bella laughed. 

   JJ soon walked into the room, wearing an all yellow, plaid outfit. Bella quickly realized that she was Cher from Clueless. Alex then walked into the room dressed as Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Then Rossi entered the room wearing a tux.