I Can Hear Music

"I close my eyes and here it comes again"

*          *          *

   Bella felt as if she was falling in slow motion. The world around her was spinning, but she was slowly sinking. Everything around her sounded like static. Her entire body felt like it was on fire. Her head was pounding. 

   "Only the team, your sisters, Hyacinth, and Gianna know," Spencer said. "None of those people would...leak it to the media!" 

   "The public knows I talk to dead people," Bella murmured. "The public knows I can see dead people. The public knows about my dreams. They're going to send me to a psych ward." 

   "Shhhh, no one is going to send you to a psych ward."

   Bella sniffled, "Spencer, people like me are attacked all the time. I kept this a secret for a reason. I don't know how the hell it got out." 

   Spencer rubbed her back, "I'll call the team, Hotch will know what to do." 

   Burying her face in her hands, Bella felt like her brain was spinning. She felt sick to her stomach, like a million people had just punch her in the gut. She lifted her face up, Spencer furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at her.

   "Bells, your nose is bleeding," he said, grabbing a nearby tissue.

   "Is it?" Bella sighed, grabbing the tissue and leaning forward. Blood started to pour out of her nose. 

   "Are you ok?"

   "Yeah, it's just a nose bleed. I'm fine."

   Spencer began to massage her shoulders as Bella grabbed another tissue for her bleeding nose. Typically, Spencer's touch was enough to make her feel perfectly fine. But right now, she felt completely damaged. Nothing could make her feel better. 

   "We'll get on the next flight back to D.C.," Spencer said. "It's going to be ok, Bella. I promise. I promise." 

   "I trust you," Bella whispered. 

   Spencer grinned, "Don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right. Singin', don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing gonna be all right."

   Bella smirked, "What are you doing?"

   Furrowing his eyebrows, Spencer leaned in closer and continued to sing, "Rise up this mornin', smile with the risin' sun. Three little birds pitch by my doorstep. Singin' sweet songs, of melodies pure and true. Sayin', this is my message to you-ou-ou."

   "You're being weird," Bella scoffed. 

   "Bella!" Spencer exclaimed, snapping in her face. "Are you there?"

   "What? Yes?"

   "Why are you saying I'm being weird?"

   Bella widened her eyes, "Uh...you just broke out into song."