You're The One

"Won't you hold my hand and stay a while?"

          !PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

*          *          *

   Glasses clinked against each other as the team laughed and talked loudly, Rossi's kitchen always proving itself to be a lively center. Beers and wine rotated throughout the table, Hotch passing on every sip of wine that he was offered. 

   "Kate, do you want me to make you something?" Penelope offered, holding up a bottle of vodka. 

   "No thank you, I'm going to stick to my water tonight," Kate responded. 

   Bella raised an eyebrow, exchanging glances with Charlotte. Charlotte took a long sip of her wine, her eyes glancing around at the rest of the team. Penelope slowly set down the bottle of vodka as her mouth slowly dropped open.

   "What are you trying to say?" she asked. 

   Kate grinned, "That I'm pregnant."

   The room erupted into cheers and claps. Bella reached out, wrapping her arms around Kate and hugging her tightly. Kate hugged her back and laughed in joy before hugging the rest of the team.

   "How far along are you?" Charlotte asked, popping a cracker into her mouth.

   "About 4 weeks," Kate answered with a smile. "It feels unreal."

   "And it will for a while," JJ said. "Make sure to eat lots of saltines, those were my lifesaver."

   "I'll make sure to get on that," Kate nodded. 

   Bella couldn't help but have a large smile plastered on her face. She looked over, making eye contact with Spencer as he grinned at her. Bella felt her heart start to thud, a mixture of love and nerves running through her. 

   Deep down, Bella felt empty inside. Each time someone announced a pregnancy, she made sure to be incredibly happy for them. But she ached inside. She longed to have her own child so badly. She longed to be a mother more than anything. 

   It was as if Spencer could sense her sadness, for he reached over and took her by the hand. He placed a light kiss against her knuckles as she offered a soft smile. He laced his fingers with hers, rubbing his thumb over the top of her hand.

   He wanted her to know that everything was ok.

*          *          *

   A light breeze washed over Bella's skin, a gentle hum in her ears. She closed her eyes and smiled to herself, a soft grin turning his lips into a large U. She held her hand out, feeling the air run between her fingers. Her hair blew back, her golden curls tickling her face.

   The air was warm, the sun looking like a squashed lemon in the sky. The sky was clear, a light blue with gentle wisps for clouds. It was as if they were growing, growing into much larger and prominent clouds. Bella liked this for them. They seemed to be fighting to be strong. Good for them.