Every Breath You Take

"I'll be watching you"

*          *          *

   Bella climbed down the stairs, sleep still in her eyes. She covered her mouth as she yawned, pulling her robe to herself and entering the kitchen. The smell of pancakes and sizzling bacon instantly filled her nose, causing her to wake up a bit more. 

   "Good morning," Spencer smiled, setting down a spatula before grabbing Bella by the side of the face and kissing her.

   "Good morning," Bella smiled as Spencer kissed her again before kissing her cheek, then moving on to leave kisses on her neck. Bella raised her eyebrows and chuckled, "Wow...it must be a really good morning, huh?"

   "Mhm," Spencer hummed against her skin before planting another kiss on her neck. 

   "Since when do you know how to cook?"

   Spencer kissed her jawline, "I've been reading a lot of cookbooks and watching the food network."

   Bella chuckled, "Have you?"

   "Mhm," Spencer hummed once again, nibbling on her ear.

   "That's good," Bella whispered before wrapping her arms around Spencer's neck and pulling him in. "Then you would know if your bacon was on fire, right?"

   "Yeah, of course."

   Bella raised her eyebrows, "That's good because, Dr. Reid, it's on fire right now."

   Spencer pulled away from the kiss and looked at Bella with widened eyes. She bit back a laugh as he turned and let out a shout upon discovering the bacon on fire. The fire alarm soon went off, loud beeping echoing throughout the house. Spencer grabbed nearby baking soda and threw it on the fire seconds before the sprinkler system turned on. 

   Closing his eyes and setting the box of baking soda down, Spencer let out a sigh as he looked over at the pancakes he just made getting drenched in water. Bella continued to laugh as the water poured down on her, wetting her hair and her robe. 

   "I'm sorry," Spencer pushed out, disappointed by the fact that he wasn't able to make one simple breakfast for Bella without something going wrong. 

   Bella smiled brightly and walked closer towards Spencer, pushing the wet hair out of his face. She let out a laugh before pulling him into a kiss. The water continued to rain down on them, reminding Bella of her first kiss with him. 

   "Why are you apologizing?" she smiled.

   "I just...wanted to surprise you with breakfast," Spencer said sadly. "No matter how hard I try, cooking just really doesn't like me." 

   "Let's go out for breakfast," Bella suggested, wiping away some drops of water that stuck on Spencer's cheeks. "We'll pick up donuts and go to our hill."