Pumped Up Kicks

"You better run, better run, outrun my gun"

*          *          *

   Bella put on a soft, pink robe as she put her hair up into a towel. A light knock sounded on the bathroom door before it crept open, Spencer peeking in with a soft grin on his face. He furrowed his eyebrows before looking down at his watch.

   "Honey, we have to leave in 5 minutes," he said. "Are you planning on going in late?"

   "I'm not going in at all," Bella said.

   "Oh yeah!" Spencer exclaimed, coming into the bathroom. "I forgot that you had your little lecture today."

   Bella sighed, "I honestly don't know why I agreed to this." 

   "It'll be a room filled with criminology students, most of whom have dreams of becoming an FBI profiler. They're all dying to hear what you have to say, Bells."

   "I think I'm just nervous."

   "Kate's going with you, right?"

   "Mhm."

   Spencer grinned and wrapped his arms around Bella's waist, "You'll be ok."

   Bella grinned as Spencer kissed her cheek, "And what are your plans for today?"

   "Paperwork and more paperwork," Spencer answered.

   "You should do mine," Bella said, giving a wide smile.

   Spencer widened his eyes and looked at his watch, "Wow, look at the time, I really should be going!"

   "Spencerrrrrr," Bella whined.

   "Goodbye!" Spencer sang, dashing out of the bathroom. "Love you! See you tonight!"

   "Love you too, brat!" Bella called out after him.

   She could hear Spencer laughing as he rushed downstairs and out the door. 

*          *          *

   "So, as you can see, being a behavioral analyst is a lot more than just reading body language," Bella said, finishing up the slide show.

   "Behavioral analysis is about crawling into someone's brain," Kate said. "Trying to think the way that they think, trying to understand why they did what they did."

   "I know it might sound difficult to try and put yourself in the shoe's of a serial killer. But in order to catch them, you must do so. These criminals have deeper roots beyond killing because there is always a reason why. Even if that reason why is as simple as, I don't know, they killed women who resembled an old girlfriend."

   Kate nodded in agreement, "Thinking like a killer allows us to be able to catch them faster. It allows us to be one step ahead of them. It allows us to predict where they might be going next."