If I Go, I'm Goin'

"I will go if you ask me to"

*          *          *

   The ambulance flew to the hospital doors, rushing Bella out on a stretcher and into the hospital. The team followed behind closely, monitoring the young agent on the stretcher, doctors using everything they could to stop the bleeding. 

   "What do we got?" a surgeon yelled.

   "26-year-old female, GSW to the lower abdomen," a paramedic answered, handing her off to the team of surgeons waiting. "She's pregnant." 

   "Clear the closest O.R.," the surgeon ordered. "She's bleeding out, we need to get her in as fast as possible."

   Another surgeon turned to Hotch who was the closest to Bella, "Are you her husband?"

   Hotch shook his head, "No--no. I'm her--I'm her boss."

   "Does she have a husband?" the surgeon asked. "Is he here?"

   Derek held Spencer up, the young doctor's face red and splotchy from crying. His clothes were stained bright red from Bella's blood. The surgeon widened his eyes once seeing him, instantly grabbing the attention of two other surgeons.

   "This is her husband," Derek said. "He was shot in the arm, he needs help. He needs help."

   "On it," a nurse said, grabbing a wheelchair and sitting Spencer down in it. 

   "I--I--I'm ok," Spencer stuttered. "My w--wife is...my w-wife is bleeding. Her name is Bella. Bella Snow. Isabella Snow. Snow like what's on the ground during...during Christmas. She--she is bleeding. Please h--help her. Please. Is she...is she ok?"

   "He's in shock," the nurse said to the surgeon, wrapping a blanket around Spencer. 

   "My--my clothes are red," Spencer said, rubbing his hand against his forehead and getting blood on it. "My clothes are red...they are bright red. This isn't my blood...but I have a bullet in my--in my arm. Is my wife ok? Is she ok? Bella, my wife, is she ok?"

   "We're doing everything we can, sir," the nurse said kindly. "We're going to get that bullet out of your arm, ok?"

   Spencer nodded, "Oh--ok. Ok. My wife is...my wife is pregnant. Bella is pregnant. It's a boy--well she thinks it's a boy. She-she's carrying my child. It's my son. Gideon...we want to name him Gideon."

   The nurse gave a sad glance to the surrounding doctors before wheeling Spencer in, making sure he didn't catch a glimpse of Bella being rushed to the nearest O.R. A doctor stood outside in shock, turning towards the team.

   "Are you guys cops?" he asked.

   "FBI agents," Hotch answered.

   "What the hell happened to you guys?"