~Aftermath~

"Ma'am, what you're claiming is absurd

   "Ma'am, what you're claiming is absurd. Are you certain you can't reach your team?" the director of the FBI asked.

   "Yes, I'm certain!" Penelope yelled into the phone. "Look, you need to send out a rescue team-"

   "Ma'am, we only send out rescue teams in extreme cases. Only emergencies warrant a rescue team!"

   "This is an emergency! What don't you understand?"

   JJ grabbed the phone from Penelope's hands, the tech analyst covering her face with her hands as she started to sob. JJ pressed the phone up against her ear, trying to calm herself down before talking.

   "Hello, my name is Jennifer Jareau and I'm with the BAU," she said. 

   "Are you here to claim that your team is missing as well?" the director asked.

   JJ sighed, "Sir, what our tech analyst claimed is all 100% true. We haven't been able to contact our team and they haven't landed. We were able to locate where the plane last pinged and it was in Montana, their destination is Alaska!'

   "Ma'am, I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes planes make emergency stops."

   "They would call! Trust me, they would call! I know my team!" 

   "We do not send out search parties based on anxieties."

   "Sir--if you would just send someone to check."

   "Ma'am--"

   "Imagine if your child boarded a plane that never landed. A plane that disappeared from the map. Then you couldn't contact them because they weren't answering their phone. How would you feel?"

   "Agent Jareau-"

   "Please!" JJ begged. "Our team is out there and we believe that they're in danger. Please can you--please help them."

   The other line went silent as JJ held her breath, craving a response but also being terrified to get one. She gripped the phone tightly, not wanting to miss anything.

   "Agent Jareau," the director said.

   "Yes?" JJ answered.

   He cleared his throat, "I'll see what I can do."

   She listened as he hung up.