Cloud 9

"But when he loves me I feel like I'm floating"

*          *          *

   "Spencer!" Bella gasped, her body unraveling as she felt his warm lips and tongue glide along her inner thighs. 

   He kissed his way up her body before settling on her lips, Bella tasting herself on them. She felt him bit down on her bottom lip before grinning. 

   "Happy birthday," he smiled. 

   "That was a very generous gift," Bella laughed as Spencer rolled off of her.

   She leaned over, grabbing her underwear and sliding it back on. The sun was streaming through the windows, already promising a warm and beautiful day. Bella could hear the birds chirping as her neighbors mowed their lawns. 

   "How are you feeling?" Bella asked as Spencer sat up slowly in bed.

   "I feel great," he smiled back, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. 

   It had been 2 months since Spencer had been shot, and in those 2 months he found himself watching more soap operas than he would like to admit. He hated whenever he was injured because of how helpless he felt all the time. He hated that Bella had to care for him, he felt like an inconvenience. 

   Eventually, he had gotten so much better. He still would occasionally feel pain and discomfort in his neck, but he would find a way to ignore it. He was always good at pretending that he wasn't in any pain. 

   Spencer rolled out of bed and Bella groaned, not wanting to let him go already. He grabbed a t-shirt and pants before quickly slipping them both on. 

   "What would you like for breakfast?" Spencer asked. "I can make you pancakes and tea."

   "That would be amazing," Bella grinned. 

   "Perfect."

   Bella forced herself out of her comfortable bed, throwing the blankets aside before putting her hair into a ponytail. She grabbed a light blue sundress before slipping it on. She glanced at herself in the mirror, staring at her appearance.

   "What's wrong?" Spencer asked, coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. 

   "I just feel old," Bella shrugged. "I'm 28 years old today. It feels crazy because in one year that means we've known each other for 10 years. It's just strange how time goes by so fast."

   "I get it," Spencer nodded. "But appreciate your 20s, you'll start feeling really old once you hit 30." 

   Bella groaned, "I wish time would just slow down." 

   Spencer smiled into her shoulder, "Don't feel sad today, it's your birthday! The team is really looking forward to tonight." 

   "As am I, what bar are we meeting at?"