Carry On Wayward Son

"Don't you cry no more"

*          *           *

JULY 5, 1985

   "Do you want to go make bracelets?" a teen girl with dark black hair asked. "Counselor Trina is leading it."

   "I think I would rather die," a teen girl with long blonde hair and green eyes answered.

   "Isabella, you're so difficult."

   "Marcie, you're too optimistic."

   Rolling her eyes, Marcie tossed her dark hair over her shoulder as Isabella giggled. The two girls gripped their ice cold, cherry Colas in their hands as they walked back to their cabin. The sun sizzled down on their sensitive skin, burning it. 

   "Maybe we can go swimming," Marcie suggested. 

   "Please no," Isabella groaned.

   "Oh come on, Isabella, it'll be fun!"

   "Nothing at this camp is fun, Marcie."

   Marcie swallowed some of her Cola, "Then why did you come?"

   "My mom wanted me out of the house, that's why."

   "Well, you can at least try and make the best out of it."

   "By doing what?" Isabella huffed.

   Marcie grinned, her eyes peeking over to a group of guys talking to each other. She raised her eyebrows and gestured towards them.

   "There's cute guys here, that's a perk," she smiled.

   "Oh my god, you're ridiculous," Isabella scoffed. "Those guys are nothing but assholes."

   "Ollie isn't."

   Isabella rolled her eyes, "Oliver Beckett is nothing but a rich, know it all."

   "He's kind, Isabella. And he has beautiful hair."

   Glancing over at the group of boys, Isabella made eye contact with Ollie as he looked over. She frowned as he gave her a smile, his eyes lighting up as the two girls started to walk past them. Marcie nudged Isabella in the ribs as the boys turned to look at them.

   "Hi ladies," a boy with dark brown eyes grinned.

   "Hi Brody," Marcie waved, a giggle in her throat. 

   "Hello Marcie," Ollie said, flashing a charming smile. "Hello Isabella."

   Isabella stopped in her tracks, turning to look at him with a large frown, "It's I-ZA-bella, not I-SA-bella."