Chapter 4

After she returned to the dormitory at four o’clock in the afternoon, Su Mian who didn’t find her roommate went directly into the bathroom, locked the door, and entered the scarlet gourd space.

A space of more than 100 square meters was rare in the doomsday. The ordinary size was only 30 to 40 square meters, not to mention that the gourd couldn’t be planted.

Su Mian also didn’t know if this was a power triggered by the golden rain, or if the scarlet gourd itself was a treasure.

She didn’t know what the red soil in the gourd space contained. The soil near the spring eye should be moist and darker in color. Because the strawberry seedlings needed to be transplanted first, Su Mian chose the bottom left place and started digging and transplanting.

After digging the soil, the strawberry seedlings and nutrient soil were directly transplanted into the field, and then some spring water was sprayed and irrigated.

Because there wasn’t sunlight in the space, and there were no obvious four seasons, Su Mian wasn’t sure whether these strawberries could bloom and bear fruit. But ginseng could grow, so it was better to give medicine to a dead horse.

(TN: To give medicine to a dead horse Idiom = to keep trying everything in a desperate situation.)

After transplanting ten strawberry seedlings, Su Mian planted a batch of watermelon seeds and grape seeds. By the time she was done, three hours had passed.

She wiped the sweat from her forehead, looked at the first field planted, and smiled in relief. Now, she had to wait for them to grow quickly.

After collecting the seeds and tools, Su Mian took a cup of spring water and drank it. The spring water was sweeter than the mountain spring water she had previously drank.

When Su Mian came out of the gourd space, it was dark. She was too tired to eat, so she took a bath and went to sleep.

That night, she had a very deep sleep, and in her dream, she felt like she was back in her mother’s arms, it was warm and comfortable.

Su Mian was awakened by Yue Wanjun the next day at noon.

“Su Mian, why did you go? It smells so bad. The dormitory can’t stay.” Yue Wanjun frowned, and said with disappointment.

“Su Mian, what are you doing? Your body smells so bad, I can’t stay in the dormitory like this,” Yue Wanjun frowned and said with disgust.

Su Mian smelt the rotten smell on her body and was stunned. She saw that her pajamas and hands were dirty. She just slept for a while. What happened? Huh?

“I’m going to take a shower,” Su Mian said coldly, got up quickly, took clean clothes and toiletries, and went straight into the bathroom.

After taking off the dirty pajamas and throwing them away, Su Mian found that not only her clothes were dirty, but her body was dirty as well, it was like the impurities accumulated in her body for twenty years were discharged from the pores.

She turned on the shower, squeezed out the shower gel, and washed it thoroughly. After washing, she didn’t know if it was her illusion, but she felt clear-headed, lighter, and her skin was almost white.

Was it the spring she drank from? Su Mian’s eyes were slightly brighter. It seemed that the spring water was good. She didn’t know if the strawberry seedlings planted the previous day grew.

Because Yue Wanjun was outside, Su Mian cautiously did not enter the space, and received a call from Bai Xi as soon as she came out of the bathroom.

“Su Mian, there will be an auction at 6 o’clock tonight. I’ll send you the address. You should bring something with you now and go through the process of valuation,” Bai Xi said.

“Okay, I’m going out right away.”

Su Mian was slightly surprised, she changed into a set of sportswear, wore a hat, and went out low-key.

The two met at a coffee shop near the auction house.

“Su Mian.”

Bai Xi saw her and waved her hand.

When she saw that she was wearing sportswear and a big peaked cap, she suddenly vomited, “Why did you come here wearing this? We are going to a high-end club, we will be driven out for sure.”

Su Mian laughed, “Then say I am your personal bodyguard.”

The corner of Bai Xi’s mouth was raised, she was happy hearing that. But when Su Mian took off her hat and her delicate face appeared, Bai Xi felt jealous again. Was she a 10th grade beauty? How could she be beautiful after two days?

Her skin was even whiter than hers, it was even glowing. Bai Xi was dressed up the best today, but she was still crushed by Su Mian, who was so beautiful.

“Let’s go to the high-end auction.”

Bai Xi picked up her bag and took Su Mian out like a proud little princess.

“This club has a membership system, the entry conditions are extremely harsh, no one can get in with money. They will hold a small auction every weekend. Fortunately, my cousin is the manager of Nanfeng group. You are lucky.”

Su Mian was about to thank her, but her smile froze suddenly, “Nanfeng Group owned by Fengdu Zhi?”

“Yes. It’s normal that you haven’t heard of it, ordinary people can’t reach that level.”

Bai Xi’s voice abruptly stopped, she stared at Su Mian in astonishment, then asked, “You know about Fengdu?”

How could that be? Nanfeng Group was low-key and mysterious. If her cousin didn’t secretly reveal it to her, she wouldn’t have known that there was a top-level luxury social circle.

Before today, she had never heard of it. How did Su Mian know?

Su Mian’s expression dimmed instantly. Nanfang Group was the predecessor of Nanfeng base, one of the four major bases in the doomsday, and the person in charge of it was Fengdu.

Fengdu Zhi was a powerful wind-power user. It was rumored that as long as there was wind, there was no one he couldn’t kill. He had a terrible character.

She had almost died in his hand in her previous life.

“In this auction, will Fengdu Zhi appear?”

“How could that be? Do you think that Fengdu is someone you want to see?” Bai Xi looked at Su Mian like she was looking at a fool. She had never seen Fengdu before.

Su Mian took a deep breath, clenched her fist, and her dark pupil sent chills, seeking wealth and danger, and gambled.