Chapter 9

Su Mian rushed away from Nanfeng Club with Bai Xi, and the two went to a nearby restaurant for dinner.

“What do you mean by what you said before?” Bai Xi looked at her suspiciously, “Honestly, have you encountered something? Is that ginseng really yours?”

Bai Xi blindly thought that Su Mian’s family was poor, so it was normal to be suspicious. After all, how could a person from a poor family have such a precious ginseng, and even more, she knew the Nanfeng Club’s boss identity, who was even better than her.

Was Su Mian raised by super rich people?

“It’s mine.”

When Su Mian saw that she was suspicious, she said with a smile, “You should know that my hometown is in the western mountains. There is no way to grow rice in the village. The whole village digs herbs in the mountains and keeps bees to support their lives. This ginseng was dug out by my grandma in the mountains.”

Su Mian explained the half-truth.

“As for telling your cousin to leave the club, it’s because the apocalypse is coming,” Su Mian said solemnly.

Bai Xi froze for a moment, then giggled, “You’re so funny, Su Mian. I didn’t find you so funny before.”

Su Mian smiled, she knew that the more serious she was, the more others would treat her words as a joke.

“Just like a survival experience game, it’s always good to have some apocalypse survival knowledge.”

Su Mian smiled helplessly, “Natural disasters are happening all over the country now. I plan to take a long vacation home to see my grandma.”

“Take a long vacation? It’s only been a month since school started,” Bai Xi was dumbfounded.

“I will study on my own, so I won’t fail.”

Baixi was dumbfounded on the spot, “…” 

After the meal, Su Mian instilled in Bai Xi some common sense of survival in the apocalypse days. Bai Xi listened to her carefully even though she didn’t believe what she said.

After dinner, Bai Xi asked the driver to send Su Mian to school, and went home by herself.

Back in the dormitory, Su Mian received a call from Feng Qi.

“Hello, Miss Su. Your ginseng has been auctioned. The transaction price is 90 million yuan. 5% of the handling fee is deducted. The total price is 85.5 million yuan.”

90 million? Su Mian doubted her ears. A ginseng sold for 90 million yuan?

“The amount is a little large. Would you like a check or transfer?” Feng Qi asked.

“Transfer,” Su Mian said decisively. Although it was a huge sum, but, because of the Fang Family background, there was no limit to the money they could transfer.

Feng Qi said in a disappointed tone, “Okay, if Miss Su has such a rare medicinal material in the future, remember to find our Nanfeng Club.”

After the talk, Su Mian’s account increased by more than 80 million yuan.

She looked at the text message and counted the eight digits in the bank card. With these 80 million, she could do a lot of preparation.

Seeing that Yue Wanjun had not yet returned, Su Mian hurriedly entered her own gourd space.

Although there was no sun, moon, and stars in the space, it was still in a bright state. One day and one night later, the watermelon seeds planted by Su Mian had not sprouted, but the strawberry seedlings grew lush.

A cup of spring water was brought out from the gourd space. This time, Su Mian didn’t drink it. She was afraid that she would oversleep after drinking it like the first time.

After booking the train ticket to return to the county for the next day evening, Su Mian packed her clothes and daily necessities in a suitcase, stuffed them into the gourd space, and then fell asleep.

The next morning, Su Mian went to the head of the Department to sign a month-long vacation.

After taking the leave, she went to the mini warehouse to pick up the goods, put all the rice and other materials into the gourd space, and then went to catch the train.

After getting on the train at seven in the evening, Su Mian sent a message to Bai Xi, “I’m going home, and I’ll settle down. Come to my house to play ~”

Bai Xi quickly replied to her message, “Okay, I haven’t played in the mountains before.”

Su Mian smiled a little, and then her smile disappeared. It was less than three months before the apocalypse came. Natural disasters in various places would continue to escalate in these three months. She had to go back and prepare quickly.