Chapter 10

After the world became a melting furnace, the temperature was as high as 1,000 degrees Celsius under the hot sun during the day. Only at night, the temperature would drop to 100 degrees Celsius. People who had abilities had a certain resistance to high temperatures, and could go out at night.

However, as soon as the day dawns, the most powerful abilities users couldn’t walk at a thousand degrees Celsius, and must hide in the base. In addition to the terrible high temperature, there were ubiquitous elemental beasts. Under the high temperature, human beings got more powerful, and the uprising of various elements in the world gathered together to evolve into violent elemental beasts.

Most of them were fire element beasts.

By killing a fire element beast, one could get a fire element bead.

By killing a water element beast, one could get a water element bead.

By killing a wood element beast, one could get a wood element bead.

These beads were the purest element force, which was the key to upgrade an ability user’s power.

Su Mian had no combat skills, so she wasn’t thinking about becoming a mercenary in the apocalypse days, to kill the elemental beast in exchange for the elemental bead, and live in a large base.

Su Mian’s eyes were bright. She wanted to build a small shelter by herself, and take the whole village’s old people in for two years. Her hometown, Hantan Village, had a millennium cold pool in the back mountain of their village.

As a child, Su Mian often followed her grandmother to go up the mountain to pick wild dates, persimmons, and wild chestnuts. When passing the millennium cold pool, she had to wash her little feet there.

The pond water was cold all year round.

Due to the surrounding mountains, rugged mountain roads and extremely inconvenient traffic, Hantan village was the poorest village in the county. Therefore, the Millennium cold lake had been neglected.

In peace and prosperity, a cold pool in a poor mountain may not even become a scenic spot, but in the high-temperature furnace, this millennium cold pool was a paradise

Su Mian held her bag, and fell asleep in the train. The first thing she would do was to find the village head to contract the whole mountain and pull the Millennium cold pool to her name.

The train traveled for more than twenty hours and arrived in Anyang County the next afternoon.

When Su Mian left the railway station, instead of taking the small tricycle back to her hometown, she first went to buy her grandma’s favorite jujube cakes and plums, and then bought some fruits to visit her uncle’s house.

Su Mian’s Uncle Li Hongqi was a close relative of the villagers and her grandparents.

In the early years, Li Hongqi sold food in the county, did some small business, and later changed his business to sell ceramic tiles.

People in the village were simple. When Su Mian’s grandmother emptied her family’s savings 15 years ago to buy a small house in the small county, Li Hongqi also helped her a lot.

Later, Su Mian lived in Li Hongqi’s house when she was in primary school. She didn’t leave until she was in junior high school.

In order to pay him back, the small house of the Su family had been used as a warehouse for Li Hongqi. For the past ten years, it was free of charge. Only a few hundred yuan had been collected for a few months.

Because it was Monday, her uncle’s little fatty was at school. Su Mian put the fruit in the tile shop and shouted clearly, “Uncle, I am here. How are you and aunt recently?”

“Mian Mian, why are you back? You don’t have classes?” There was no one in Li Hongqi’s store. Seeing that she had brought a pile of fruit, he immediately smiled and said kindly, “I’ll ask your aunt to kill an old hen to eat in our house at night. Last time you gave us milk, and asked the village head to bring us 50 eggs.”

There was no way to grow food in the village. Su Mian’s grandmother raised pigs and ten chickens at home. By the end of the year, the pigs were fattened and sold in the county. There was not only meat to eat, but also money to save. As for the eggs laid by the hens, they were basically saved for Su Mian to eat, or to be hatched.

“No, I’ll come and see you later. I’ll take a tricycle home soon,” Su Mian laughed.

“Uncle, I came back to do a school project. I need to find a construction team, do you have a reliable acquaintance? “

“Yes, there are a large number of construction teams. They are reliable. If you need anything, you can ask uncle. Don’t be polite,” Li Hongqi said with a smile.

Su Mian was the first college student in Hantan Village, and was also the champion of the provincial college entrance examination. When the results came out, the county first high school specially invited the lion dance team, took a banner and walked around the county town, and finally came to the tile of Li Hongqi In the store.

Li Hongqi was so excited that he couldn’t say anything. He didn’t graduate from elementary school, but the niece he recognized became the champion of the college entrance examination. Therefore, the Li family had always regarded Su Mian as the baby golden magpie. Everything Su Mian said was never mindless, and all were right.

Su Mian grinned, she shouldn’t worry about the construction team.

“That’s okay. Uncle, I’ll go see my grandma first, I will come back after two days.”

“Well, I’ll send you back.”

Because of the poverty and small population, there were no buses, only tricycles with low cost were willing to run.

Li Hongqi gave a ten-yuan tricycle fare for the tricycle to send Su Mian to the entrance of Hantan village.

Su Mian sat on the tricycle, smelling the fresh air in the countryside and looking at her native place.

In the past, Hantan Village turned to ashes in the heat, and Anyang County had also become the base of Elemental Beasts. Her grandma, village head, old people, children and relatives in the village had no life to live. This time, she came back ahead of time with more than 80 million Yuan in her arms. She wouldn’t let the tragedy happen again.