CHAPTER 1

EVERYTHING WAS BUSY FILLED WITH CLATTERING, the streets were bustling as usual, cars racing on the road to wherever they intend to go, on their destination

EVERYTHING WAS BUSY FILLED WITH CLATTERING, the streets were bustling as usual, cars racing on the road to wherever they intend to go, on their destination. The café filled with chattering of the customers, waiters serving them their different kinds of varieties of orders. Splattering of rain sounded just as I was by the window, whenever the door opened, a bell would jingle and a cold sensation ran down my spine, making me quiver under my creamy coat.

I hate Winter.

But the cafe was quite cozy which made me satisfied, along with the calming jazz music in the background: soft and tender.

My eyes left my phone and landed on my rose gold watch on my wrist and a small sigh left my lips. My brows furrowed as I frankly ask myself 'What am I doing here again?'.

Oh yeah.

I'm waiting for my apparently late date who couldn't keep track of time. Another sigh left my lips. Why did I even listened to you? A voice pulled me from my thoughts.

"Maria Ashley O'Connor?"

Trying to bite back a sigh, I looked up at the person who's voice belonged to and met with the familiar face of the waiter whom I just ordered from, "Yes, thank you." He placed the cup on the table I was stationed at and he nods with a smile, turning on his heels to attend other customers.

That's not even my name.

Looking down at my Starbucks cup, I wasn't fazed at all seeing it was written exactly what the waiter just said before leaving. Finally taking the last straw of my whole time being spent her, I looked back at my phone and got out my wattpad app, over to messages and at that moment my phone buzzed; a message.

Opening it, I read;

Cameron;
Hey, Maria Ashley! I'm sorry,
I could not make it,
I had to cover up for a
friend at work.
It was a solid I owed him,
hope we can hang out
some other time:-(

Waste of my time.

Why does everyone forget my name? It's not that hard!