Chapter 35

My lashes fluttered open and I felt a weight on my torso. When my eyes landed on the little figure, head peaceful placed on top of my chest as strands of her black hair were on her face. A small smile spreads on my lips as I moved the her black locks from her hair. Rubbing my eyes a little and still seeing it was night, I had blinked a few times in attempts of remembering if I had the nightmare again. It had been just two days since we left Yin and the nightmares had stopped— I feared that the event had taken place, though the unending hope I still had in me never faded. Craving for some air, I had a hard time with tangle through the girls whom were all cuddle with me, Charlotte whom wrapped her left arm on the back of Himari and her head placed on the crook of my neck. Himari laid on top of me and Adelaide was wrapped around my right leg. I wouldn't blame them, sleeping in the forest or the beach was tough for all of us and getting to sleep on a real bed was a blessing.

After I hand untangle from the girls, l breathe out in relief having to not wake up from their peaceful slumber before, creaking the door open as quiet as possible to not awake the girls but definitely had awaken Balerion and Goldfyre, flapped their wings, they flew, landing on the wooden floors with soft screeches. The two dragons decided to follow me and I never protest, just smiled letting them through the door and closing it again. I walked out the cabin and to the helm where I had sat on a barrel and listened to smoothing breeze, the dragons were sat on the helm, as I run my fingers on their scales. Instead of having the nightmares I usually had of the hanging, I had dreams of Teach and our twins....Netta, of course being in it. I had terribly missed my home, being in the arms of my husband, his caring touch...I missed it...I missed it all.

A voice decided to break me out my trance, "It would be really kind of you, if you would just untie me from the mast now." The man whom was still tied to the mask spoke up, in his mother tongue and a sigh leaves my lips as my eyes went back to the calming sea.

"And risk you escaping, leaving us stranded in the middle of the sea?" I questioned, not even daring to look back at him. "We're not that far from the borders of Tiqui. I could just leave here with no harm needed be done—" Rolling my eyes in frustration, "Fucking shut up, will you?" The talkative man was getting on my nerves, it's always the talkative ones that got themselves pushed to over the line and killed. "You speak too much."

"And you're are as reckless as deer in a pit of a lion's den, if you think the men that crew this ship will not track you down and kill you." I heard him say and my blood boils as I sent a noticeable glares over at him, "Excuse me?"

"Oh, you are excused." The asshole had the audacity to tell me, "Are you asking for an audience with death, boy?"

"We both know you wouldn't do it even if you so wanted to." He started, eying me from head to toe, "Seeing as though, you are a woman. You'll never crew this ship by yourself easily like you think you can—" unfortunately, the dragons had felt the flames that burned in me and screeched loudly at the young man, him flinching in result. His eyes not leaving the dragons as even he couldn't control the shaking of his voice, "You swore me safe conduct."

"Oh, that I recall."  A smirk plays on my lips, letting out a soft chuckled of amusement, "But my dragons made no promises," I stated looking a Balerion for a moment, before turning to meet his eyes filled with fear, "and you threatened their mother."

"See, only a fool can make threats he's not prepared to carry out." I started, "Let's say I, threatened to hit you if you don't shut up. What do you think I would do?"

No matter how much he was shaking in the spot he occupied, he mustered up the courage to spat, "I don't give a rat's arse—" and I punched his cheek, making him startled at what I had done before I could let him finish. "Next time I won't be so gentle with you if you don't keep that mouth of yours shut." Before turning away from him and walking to the galley to pack some food for the journey.