Chapter 28

(Edward Teach POV)

The little hatchlings were rather in a haste as to who would eat more of the tiny stake cubes. They kept fighting, not cooperating with one another, though we tried to separately feed them but my dearest wife here, says not to. Not picking favourites, as she puts it. "They are stubborn, just like their mother." She giggles at my statement, as I was trying to feed the dark blue dragon but the red, tinted with black dragon, pushed him away to the side, snatching the cube in my hand though I've been trying to calm them down for ages, but with no avail at the end. "We have to name them." Nereida stated all of a sudden, "the best dragons of history have names."

"And what do you have in mind?"

Running her fingers on the scales of the red and black hatchling, "This one, after the great dragons of all Targaryen history, Balerion the Dread." She starts, then went on naming the other three "Moonfyre" naming the dark blue dragon. Naming the white similar to milk hatchling, "QuickSilver", and lastly, the golden hatchling with scales that shimmered from the peak of the moonlight, "Goldfyre". Beautiful names they were, but I had to ask, "So, Mrs Teach, how do you come to raise a dragon? I'm sure it's not like raising a human child."

"It's definitely not." A smiled curled up in her lips, "We should let them be free."

Furrowing my brows in utter confusion, "Free? Won't they go around burning places?"

Her mysterious eyes locked with mine, those cat-like golden eyes that bore into my soul. To this day, I still could not believe, these rare features she possessed: silver long hair, pale skin like milk and golden eyes, a rare treasure indeed. "A dragon should not be in chains, otherwise they will not grow." She told me, eyes not once daring to leave my own, "Once their are old enough, they should be left to hunt and fly." Her eyes landed on the hatchlings as she watched them with love in her eyes.

Her smile slowly fading, "She gifted you with twins."

"Does that bother you?" I inquired, seeing the hurt in her eyes. "Last time I tried to give you children, I was left damaged with the results."

"Do not say that," I started, smiling softly, "You and Warina are of the same person." When saying this, she sent a glare towards me, "We are not of the same person." She spat.

"And how would you know that?" I ask, folding my hands and letting Moonfyre and QuickSilver climb up my wrist, poking the ring on my index finger, "You were reborn into her life in future, correct?" I raised a brow at her.

With a sight, "Even if I was reborn into her life, I am not the same-" quickly cutting her off, "You share the same features, share the same mindset, not whole I can assure," I listed, a wide grin playing on my lips as I start seeing the furry in her eyes, the fire slowly arises within her. "Share the same habits-"

"Alright, I get it!" She cuts me off and I released a chuckle, the fact that I managed to successfully tick her off. Though I did, her anger subsides down and it was quiet between the two of us, with just only the hatchlings making tiny noises from them. "You don't talk as often as you do." I said all of a sudden, eying Nereida. She seemed to be far away from here right at this moment, "Sometimes, I just long to know the thoughts playing around in there." She was one to never show her emotions, unless it's something that really bothered her. Even if it was, she still does not. There was a force, build around her which I can't get through no matter what, but there were rare times that I actually did.

"When I was...Warina....Vane kissed me." She tells me, still looking at the now fast asleep Balerion and Goldfyre, running her fingers on their scales. At this new information, I hummed softly, "Hmm....was that meant to arise jealousy within me?"

"No. Just wondering." She simply states. "Maybe he has not let me go."

"I can assure you, after losing you, he was scarred."

"How can he be scarred? After he left for that Guthrie bitch." She spat, brows furrowed in anger and soon switched to soften, "Gave up on searching for our girls."

"You still believe that they're out there somewhere? After all those years?" I whispered, careful not to arise the fire that constantly burned in her.

"I don't believe. I know they are." she states, "I feel them in me." Her hand lays on her chest, "Their heartbeats, calm, collected and steady." A soft smile playing on her lips, "You feel their heartbeats?"

She took my hand in her little ones, laying it on her chest and I began to hear the heartbeat rhythm in my ears, the echo of the sea echoes as well, "Jesus." I muttered in shock, "Once in a while they would race, but then they would become peaceful once more." She then looks at me once more, "I like to believe that they are peaceful. They are my hope for a better future.
And so are our twins." A smile curls up my lips.

(Nereida Teach)

A warm smile was plastered on his face, as I could see the love burning in his oceanic eyes from billions of miles away and even though I was far from home, he grew to be my home and I could never be any happier. Nuzzling myself on his chest as we listened to the cold breeze, the ocean crashing just by the shore we had both sat by.

"Captain, I'm sorry to disturb you." We look back to the ginger haired crewmate, "but there's a small problem at the docks that needs your attention." And so, Teach went with Ellars to fix the matter by the docks and I was left alone, in the cold without his warmth. At least, the coat he had given me for warmth was there to represent his strong presence. Nuzzling into it for warmth, I look forward at the dark blue sea.

My mind drifted off as I wondered about Aurora and Vane. I hope they are safe wherever they are, I missed them. Days are gloomy here without them really. My thoughts clouded my minded so much so, that I didn't not for once see the hand that grabbed my hand, dragging me into the water. Squirming and kicking, I try to swim back up and I popped up to shore, breathing heavily, my eyes landing on my hatchlings to see if they were alright. And they were, just screeching as to what just happened. Swimming back to shore, I felt the hand on my leg once more, preventing me from swimming to shore as it dragged me. I screamed for help, that was the option I chose, "Help!" But quickly, I was dragged under the water and I held my breathe for dear life.

Opening my eyes, I saw absolutely nothing, just the dark blue sea and that made me more torrified than I already was. "Nereida!" Hearing Teach's voice shout to me. Kicking with all the might that I had, I swam to shore, "Help!" I heard multiple splashes in the water but soon, I was dragged once more and this time, I could not kick and swim to shore. I felt two unknown hands dragging me to the debts of the sea. I saw Teach swimming towards me, grabbing me by my waist, him being able to swim up to shore but I was held firmly by the unknown hands. They must have held Teach's leg because the hard grip on my left leg left me and I heard a grunt from him. I didn't know what was happening, everything happened so fast. I couldn't hold my breathe anymore as I hear more painful grunts, the last I could recall was the black oblivion claiming me.

_____________

(Edward Teach POV)

Violently coughing as I was washed off to shore, I got to my knees, looking around for Nereida but all I ever saw was the ocean, looking back I saw the whores and the crew gathered to see the commotion. I could not have lost her, not again. "Captain!" Getting to my feet, I saw Ellars and Reuben bring forth a middle-aged woman, panting, blood stains her face. "She's a witch." Ellars begun.

"She's the one dragged her down, I saw it, I saw with my own eyes." Reuben finished and furry builds up in me as she had the audacity to smirk my way, "You will never find her."

"The audacity. What have you done to her?"

"Dragged her in the sea, I follow the orders of my King." She says. "She's dead." I shook my head, not wanting to believe anything that came out the witch's mouth. "If she were alive, she'd be swimming to shore, would she not?" She cocked a brow at me and I could not take more of her nonsense. Pulling out my gun, I shot her on her head and she dropped dead on the sand. "Be on patrol and look for her." I nodded at Ellars and Reuben, whom nod back, giving orders to the crew as I look back at sea.

I can't lose her once more, not to the sea again. I can't and won't.