Chapter 36

"He is in here. Follow me." Letting the man in crimson red coat lead me through the corridors of the cells, we reached a door, "Thank you. You are so kind." Taking the dagger from my bracelet and plucking it on the back of the man whom was surprised and did not act fast. He fell on the ground, numb and I just let the poison do it's work before entering the.... slightly opened door? Taking out my daggers, and slowly entering the cell with much caution, what happened so fast I could not recall but what I did recall was that of my head colliding with the hard wall. "Jesus! Fuck! Charles!" Cursing aloud, knowing that the muscular hands belonged to him and knowing he was quick to attack. I heard two voices, different names as I clutched my aching head, "Warina?" "Nereida?"

Narrowing my eyes at the blue-eyed man, glaring up at him, "Thank you for bashing my head against the wall as a welcome me back!" I sarcastically thanked him. Both were wide-eyed, surprised to see me, "What are you doing here? How are you here?" Charles started.

"Did Teach let you come or—?" Aurora asks. "Long story. Exchange of explanations later." Letting go of my head, launching myself on him, wrapping my arms around his torso, happy to see him alive. He hugs me too before we moved back from our hug. When his eyes landed on my left cheek, they hardened, "Who gave you this?" He questions, " took care of the man, don't worry." I brushed off the thought of Ozunu that kept visiting me. Looking back at Aurora whom held a look of confusion, "Sweetness..." Engulfing her in a her in a hug, feeling a bump against my stomach before pulling away in confusion, "You're expecting?" The girl nodded as her eyes were stolen from crying but still manage to bring a smile to her sweet features "Yeah."

"Congratulations." I hug her once more. "Thanks but— what are you wearing?" She eyes me head to toe, "Why is your hair....and eyes different?" Aurora questions before Charles chimed in, "Time for that later. We need to leave now."

"Good point." Aurora says before we exit the cell, taking a left. A voice stopping us in our tracks, "Stop right there!" Turning back, we saw a redcoat with a gun in hand. Pushing Aurora and Charles to carry on, I recite a spell in Valyrian and the movements of the man stopped, "Holy shit!"

"I can't hold it! Hurry!" Making a portal in front of then which Charles held the arms of Aurora and got in, running in myself, letting the spell ware off, hearing two gunshots before falling onto the ground. "Bullet. In..my-my my shoulder." Groaning at the pain in my left shoulder. It would be hard to do magic so instead, finding course in the beach, walking completely aimlessly before hearing redcoats just behind us. "Come on! Come on!" The redcoats shout amongst themselves, "Nereida!" Charles calls.

"I'm working on it!" Using all my strengths, we portaled through and fell on sand.

"Where are we now?" I hear the husky voice of Charles question as I was on my knees, unable to gather strengths to get up. "Egypt?" Questions Aurora sarcastically.

"Dorne." I corrected, grunting. "Little trinket, are you alright?" I felt his sharp presence beside me and I nodded, reassuringly. It confused me how he was so caring but the confusion soon died the moment he had question, "Why did you teleport us here?"

"My vision was all blurry .....and the first thing I thought was if pudding."

"You associate the desert with pudding?" Charles scrunched his brows and I glare at him, sitting on the sand, trying to get some rest, "To me, it looks like a big bowl of pudding and don't!" I argued, "I haven't had it for a very long time.

—★—

"Lottie, open the door." The door opened slowly and a ocean blue eye peak through small room the door opened, when landing on a certain captain, the door swung open as the little child ran towards her father's arms. "Daddy!" Charlotte launched herself in his muscular arms and saying he looked baffled would be a lie as I saw shock, mixed with all kinds of emotions running through his eyes, "Dad!" Addy squeals, also launching herself in his arms.......the sight was beautiful to see...yet....part of me, hidden beneath the depths, was jealous. Knowing, I'd never reunite with my father like this ever again... only in the afterlife made me miss him more  "You're alive—" the Captain looks in between the girls, a smile almost making it's way, as his brows were scrunched in utter confusion. I always found it a pretty sight seeing the Captain of The Ranger confused, because, he did not know what expressions needed to be used in situations like these "how is this possible?" His eyes finally meeting mine.

"What's going on? Who are these children?" I couldn't answer Charles as Aurora had questioned next and I looked in between the two, "Now would be a good time for explanation." I spoke to no one in particular.

"Is it safe here?" Charles looks around the area, it was just a cabin next to an oasis in Dorne. Nodding, I answered. "Yes. Other than snakes and other venomous creatures, yes."

Looking back to the two overwhelmed sisters, "Where is Himari, sweetlings?"

"She was tired, so she slept." Nodding at Addy's answer in satisfaction, "and Goldfyre and Balerion?"

"They went hunting." The ocean, was not that far off, just a few miles so I would assume that they had hunted for some fish.

★—

"So before Teach, you and Charles—" Aurora struggled, looking in between the Captain and I. "Yes we were." Finishing for her, knowing she was feeling all kinds of emotions but she tries hiding them, "And you had children." She stated, "The only you have which were stolen three years ago and taken to Essos, sold to Tiqui in Yi Ti." Nodding towards the girl, "Mhmm."

She looked down to her hands, as we were sat around a round table, "All this time...why did not tell me this?" Aurora asked Charles whom lets out a sigh before answering, "It was a past we were willing to escape from." My brows shot up, "We? Meaning you whom left for that Guthrie bitch." I sneered.

"Everything was crumbling down." He growled, "As you should have been there." My brows scrunched, unbelievable that he would say this. "As we should have been in each other's arms while everything crumbled around us."

"It's in the past."

"After you declared that they were our future." With a sigh, "We should have never trusted Jack."

"Anne was there."

"Anne, I could understand but still, they were stolen. They are my children I have and ever will." No one seemed to understand this, no matter how much I explained it to them and it got me so exhausted.

"But you have twins back in Ocracoke." Aurora pointed out and with the thought of the twins, a lump formed in my throat, "Rina?" brow raised in questioning. Swallowing hard, "They....they were killed by spies under the orders of Governor Rogers." Fighting down the urge to cry, trying the best of my abilities to stay strong. "And where was Teach?" Vane snarled, anger filled his features as he spat out the name of my husband, "Their father whom was supposed to protect them?"

"He was at sea....in search for me. A witch, under the orders of the Usurper King sent to kill me, dragged me beneath the sea..... everything happened so fast." It wasn't Teach's fault, he was not to blame at all and I knew it, "The fault was mine." My voice came out in a low whisper in the quiet room, "The fault was mine...and now they're buried somewhere.." I refused meeting their eyes as my golden ones were locked on my hands whom softly trembled, "I could not feel their heartbeats stop because I was not bonded to them." A sigh left my lips, as I am forced to reality, looking up at their unreadable expressions, "Your friend....Warina...she is their mother."

"I was born sterile because I was not deem fit for a role of a mother."

"Do not ever say that." Charles implied, his eyes softened which I've never seen them like before, "Come here," Aurora brought her arms out to engulf me in a hug, "Don't touch me. I'm fine." I refused comfort...as I remembered the words of Ozunu, You must hate all weaknesses. Weakness in others, but most of all, weakness in yourself, "Rina...." Aurora laid her hand on mine, I sent a glare towards her, "Nereida. Warina is dead." I sneered, before standing up and leaving out the cabin to get some air. Ozunu's words were the only thing that echoed in my head, yes, it was horrible being there but I left that place with a new mind.... I've cried, I've mourned, I've grieved on my own enough and now I have no tears left to cry.