Chapter 32

Tossing and turning, unable to go back to sweet slumber after the same nightmare I just had, I finally brought myself to sit up, wincing a little due to the fresh scar on my shoulder. Everyday was a new scar. And in this moment, I wasn't at all fazed as I had gotten used to it. Looking around and clarify that everyone was fast asleep around me, I had risen to my feet and walked over to the door, grabbing the wooden handle, pushing it as it slid open. Once seeing no one in sight, I left the room, sliding the door closed after me. I walked through the halls, with my knowledge of each and every corner, my feet lead me to OUTSIDE the courtyard.

I sat by the garden stairs, letting the soft winds blow the strands of my silver hair that weren't sucked in black ribbon that held my hair in a ponytail. From the bottom of my stomach, I didn't feel too good. I missed home...my husband, children. I wondered if he was looking for me...everyday goes by, where I always think about them.

From behind me, I hear a soft screech and I'm suddenly confused. There were no animals in the courtyard....not that I'd recall if  there were because I knew there were none. Shooting my head back, I see a black shadow just by the plants. Standing on my feet, I walk closer to find familiar golden eyes, my brows raise and my face softened, "Balerion?" My lips agape at how big he had grown, the size of a dog.

The red dragon climbed the table, filled with plants. "Goldfyre?" I see the golden dragon, too behind he's brother, climbed the table. The two dragons purr in delight to see me as i remembered my father's words, 'the dragons know who you are, Nereida' but what shocked me was the fact that, they flew all the way from Ocracoke to Yi Ti? Just then, I see a paper wrapped around the leg of Balerion. Taking it, I look around to see anyone in sight before acknowledging no one was indeed around. Opening the piece of paper, I started to read.

Dearest Nereida
I have no clue where you might be at this moment and why I'm writing this letter to you. But I know this, the dragons know their mother, so if this letter gets to you, I am thankful and apologize for I have failed you as a loyal friend. Spies from Governor Rodgers had infiltrated Ocracoke and the twins were brutally murdered. When their blood was cold, their father was out looking for you as we have no clue where you have disappeared to. I have no knowledge of where Teach might be at this moment, nor if the news has reached him or not. I'm sorry I couldn't protect them, I tried the best of my abilities but it was too late. I offer my condolences.

Netta.

Tears streamed down my red cheeks, unable to consume this information I had just read. For years I had done nothing but grieve for the people whom I held most dear to me, all of them which were taken from me. And now, the only children I had with Teach are taken from me. I cannot take vengeance on my shit of a brother called Joffrey Baratheon for killing my father figure but I will take vengeance on that pile of shit of a Governor. Once they have wounded a lion, they will know when they're debt has been paid and I will make sure of it. I will remind them that "A Lannister always pays his debts." Be it half Targaryen and half Lannister, I will pay my debts full.

The dragons flap their big leather wings, taking off into the dark blue sky. I worried for them. Though they have grown a little, many dangers can befall on them.

But I needed to face reality, I needed to from leave here.

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

"We will never make it." I glare at the girl before me, still filled with rage from last night but I tried to keep it to myself. "Ones who've tried to escape have been put to death instantly—"