Chapter 41

When I took in the first rays of light, a groan escaping my lips as the familiar warmth of Himari and Teach wasn't there. Blinking the blurriness away, and seeing that I was lying upside the edge of the bed, my hair spread on the floor as I rub the last bit of sleep away. Getting up from my position and letting the aching in my head subside for a while, whilst taking my time in coming back to life. I hear the familiar squeaky voice of SpongeBob and I can't help but chuckled.

Crawling across the room and taking the hairband on the nightstand, tying a simple short ponytail. Swinging my legs on the side, starting to make the bed before exiting the room, following the sound of SpongeBob and Patrick which lead me to the living room where I had seen Himari sitting on floor by the coffee table and watching the show. Teach stationed himself on the couch, seemingly reading a book, both of which had not noticed my presence as their backs were facing me when I decided to make it known. "Good morning!" My voice was all cheerful, feeling the exhaustion from yesterday fade away. Their heads turned towards me, "Morning." Greated my husband "Morning." Greated the little flower before throwing in the question. "Why did you let me sleep in?"

Returning to what they were previously doing, "You seemed exhausted last night. Thought it be best to let you be." Teach implied.

"Oh look, you're watching SpongeBob SquarePants."

A chuckle escaping the man, "I was apparently woken by a pirate singing—" he trails off, turning the page and I did not know if he was going to finish off his sentence so I finished for him, "Oh! Who lives in the Pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants~" a little laugh from him as he exclaimed, "Yes."

"It's my favorite show...better I can endure than the oinking of Peppa Pig."

"The pig with two legs?" A brow jolted up in questioning. "Mhmm."

"You have the best grin as a child." He says, a smile in voice as I rested my arms on the headrest of the couch, overlooking what was an album of my childhood. A giggle left my lips, "This was when Aurora and I first met in the Jiu-Jitsu ring, it was a tie." I say, looking at the picture of Aurora and I as children, posing in a picture together with a smile and a grin on our faces. "You both look ratherhappy for people whom are challenging one another."

"I know right? It was the most exciting moment of my whole life." That reply must must've confused him as he nods unsurely with a hum "Hmm." Just laughing it off before asking, "Coffee?"

"Would be gladly much appreciated." So I headed to the kitchen, looking through the cabinets for the coffee, finding it on the topper cabinet and placed it on the counter, taking other ingredients. Putting in water and coffee in the coffeepot and waiting. When turning, seeing Teach sitting on the table that separates the kitchen and living room, a smile on his face as it never left what he was reading. "What are you reading?" Curiosity getting the better of me.

As soon as he replied, my whole face felt warm, "'Things to do before I die. By Warina.'" He looks up at me with a questioning glance, "It's weird in there man, it's weird in there." Is all I could day before a gave a chuckle, "It's good weird." He opposed.

His eyes went back down to the book. When the coffeepot was done, I turn back to it and grabbed mugs in the left cabinet, hearing him behind me read out aloud, "Get over my fear and ride a freaking ferris wheel." His voice filled with confusion, "What's a ferris wheel?" Placing two mugs on the counter, "Carnival ride," explaining to him what it was and everything, "Well, did you do it?"

"Yes."

"And how was it?"

"Scary." I giggled emphasizing. Pouring the coffee and ingredients, knowing how we both loved it strong. "Ride a rollercoaster though it may seem deadly. What?" After hearing than, my hands collided on the counter as I let out a wholesome laugh, him joining in before gathering myself and turning back to him, "So I was out with my friends," I started, knowing a story was coming up and remembering of how I came to adapt to Teach's habits.