Chapter 15

Unfortunately, preparations for supper, in the galley had to wait, and as to what I could grasp quickly, was mainly because, we were attacking a Spanish ship, for whatever reason, I don't care and I don't know. Right now, me and Ro are hidden below deck with pistols and cutlass swords for protecting ourselves and can I just say, I hate being in danger all the freaking time.... it's a good thing we can defend ourselves. Defend ourselves and outwit death? I don't know about that one buddy.

"How can you be fucking reading and chilling at a time like this?!" Aurora emphasises each word.

"Well excuse me, Aurora Carson, it's how I deal with stress." I glared at her, turning over to the next page of this, surprisingly amazing novel I had borrowed from Teach.

"Dude, people are dying out there. Do you you wanna die reading a book?" Ro inquired, brows quirked.

"It's not my fault Teach and Vane decided to lock us in here, so don't take your stress out on me!," I told her, rolling my eyes as I muttered, "Life sucks sometimes."

Aurora went on sighing, leaning on the wooden wall, complaining, "Why did Vane do this to me? He knows I can fight."

Suddenly, the fighting stopped, the gunshots, the grunting, the clinging of swords. And all that was heard was loud echoing waves, a melodious voice was softly echoing and my head spins to the squared window, I was leaning by, the open ocean, clear view of it, "Ro?"

"I mean, sure, I'm an expert in swordsmanship." Ro went on, still not acknowledging the fighting has stopped.

"Ro?"

"And I can't very well fight for a long period of time to save my own life.."

"Ro." I called her, more sternly this time to get her attention but no. The girl went on, still, not hearing the enchanting voice, "But this is pure torture!" She let's out hr frustration, bursting.

"Aurora Carson!"

"What!?" She yells back at me with a menacing glare.

"Listen.....do you hear that?" I went on in a more softer voice this time, to quiet down for her to hear. "Hear what?" Aurora asks, her eyes darting left and right, gesturing she doesn't get what I'm saying.

With a frustrated sigh, "The fighting and gunshots....I can't hear them anymore..." Focusing more on reality, I told her, "I hear something else..." My brows were furrowed in frustration as she gave me the poker face. Why the hell is she not taking me seriously??

"Are you okay?" She asks, brows raised.

"..yeah...why?" I felt uneasiness settle on the bottom of my stomach. "The gunshots and fighting is still heard up there." She says as a matter of fact, "You sure you're okay?" She asks again.

My frustrated brows raised slightly in worry as I let out, uneasy breathes, my eyes darting towards the window, overlooking the ocean once more, letting the melodious voice engulf me. It felt wonderful, it felt so so familiar... "I have to....I need to.. " I muttered under my breathe. "Have to what?" Aurora asks me as I involuntary dropped the book I was reading and my body turns over to the window.

"The sea..I need to go in it." I simply stated, "The fuck are talking....." I heard in the background from Ro as I opened the window, this feeling growing inside me by the minute as pulled the window up, "Warina, don't!" Aurora shouts and immediately, I felt hands wrapped around my torso while my foot stuck out the window, being roughly grabbed into the room and we went tumbling on the floor, "What the hell is wrong with you!?" Ro yells as we sat up from our positions. Just alone, with that question, I went sensitive and she knows never to even ask me that question as well, as it makes me sensitive which I hate.