Chapter 18

(Warina O'Conner POV)

"For God's sake!" Teach bursts in irritation, "Give me a break, will you? This hurts!" His constant grunting frustrated me more as it this was painful for me. "I haven't washed it for very long." I haven't washed my hair since I've got here. My coconut milk was running out and I prayed that we got to our location quick so I can take care of my damaged hair.

My poor hair... it's the one that's suffering the most in all this.

Even with my skin, I had a very strict skincare routine and I only had in my bag, a skin toner, a lip gloss and a hair moisturizer, those were my only products I had with me and if they finished, I was doomed. For one, I don't want to use what those women used in history, that powder that made them look fare, heard it's caused Queen Elizabeth's death and I am not looking forward for any results on that try.

Second, I am hoping there are other women where we were heading, so I can actually learn skin care routine that could really help me. My skin is soft and it can just break so, applying something without knowing it and the resources properly would potentially lead me to regret later on.

Luckily for me, my biological father, is half Japanese, half Hawaiian, so I have some very good hacks on keeping myself healthy from skin to hair and other stuff as I learnt what natural resources are needed for that to happen.

"Then why not do it?"

"Because, I don't have any water available." I told him, untangling this tight strings and finally, I let out a breathe of relief and I had carry on the same for the others.

"Why not ask for it?"

"Because, well, I was raised to be independent. So I should do things myself and not ask for help all the time. Ow..." It was true. I want to be my own woman, "And I don't want to feel like a burden to you, after everything you've done for me."

"It's okay to sometimes ask. There's no shame in asking at all, it's very simple."

"And what if you end up pissed?" I questioned him. I was sat on the window seat, overlooking the ocean, it was still very early in the morning. You could say we are morning birds as the sky was still dark.

Teach was sat on his desk, doing whatever he was doing on the papers and books that were scattered on the table. I was just behind him by the window, his back facing me. "Pff, don't make me laugh lassie. There's no way you can make me pissed off."

"Oh really?" I questioned, quirking a brow, "How's that?"

"You're too kind for my liking." That was literally true with no single doubts....unless you tick me off, of course you and I are gonna have a problem.

Letting out a painful groan, I hear a grunt coming from the Captain of the Revenge, as he stood, turning back and pushing the chair towards me, "Here." He sits on it and extended his hand as if motioning to give him the comb.

Picking this up quickly, I gave him and he motioned for me to over to him so I did and he sat me down on his lap, starting to untangle my hair as gentle as possible.

It was so weird.

Though other girl's dream of princes, knight in shining armor, I dreamt of a pirate captain and it truly is coming true. Having the most notorious dangerous Pirate Captain brush my hair with such gentleness was so....weird yet awesome!

"Have you done this before?" I ask wonderingly.

"Once or twice." He answers before I heard a grunt, "There are so many knots in here.... it's definitely going to need to be washed."