Chapter 25

"Which language fits better for poetry?" All of a sudden, I had questioned the brunette woman, who was braiding my long hair that I had washed while I soaked in the steaming bath. Steam rising in the air, and I loved baths like this. I did not know why, but I could take hot baths like these and there was nothing I enjoyed more than a steaming bath in a windy day like this. "Well, I would personally vote English. It has one of the exquisite words I've ever heard." Though she was behind me, I could sense the joy in her voice and I imagined a smile on her face. Of course, it felt weird bathing in front of someone but I had grown really close to Netta out of all the other women in the island.

"English...is...good." I nodded, a pout playing on my lips, "but what what about German? Persian?" I inquired.

"Can't say. I've never exactly heard a poem, full in those languages." I hummed understandingly. "How many languages do you know?" The brunette woman asks me.

"Well....English, Spanish, Japanese, Polynesian." I listed out and thought for a moment if I forgot any other, "and how do you know all these languages?"

"It's complicated you see. My mom was Spanish, my dad is Hawaiian-Japanese and I suppose I grew up learning them."

"I see."

Currently, Aurora was outside, sitting with Vane's men while they were clearing out the matter of a newcomer on the island. A pirate
Captain called, Captain Flint, of course I didn't stay long out there because, for one: I like to stay warm and not out there in the cold. Netta keeps teasing me of it, you see I was born somewhere in the winter season and I literally can't stand it. Though I live in Danmark, I can cope with it but not for long I can tell you.

Suddenly, the tent's flap opens, revealing the Captain of The Revenge, calm and collected but I could see the furry in his oceanic eyes, "Are they intended on leaving?" Netta asks the man.

"No." He simply answered and I shared a look with her, "What's happening now?"

"Pistols and Swords."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

This was ridiculous.

I totally get that these are pirates, but why do they have to solve their problems with brutality? I mean, there are other ways to solve problems. I tried talking Teach out of this but his mind was set on this, and Netta convinced me that once his mind was made up, I can't change it, no matter how close I can be with him. Total bullshit. Now things are going to end in bloodshed and every time I have a mother instinct I've been experiencing lately, realizing that piracy was against the law, and the father of my children is a pirate so I have to be worrying about him all the fucking time, because if I lose him, I'm on my own in raising the twins and I don't want to end up dealing with that on my own. Though, he had me convinced that he'd be perfectly fine, so here we were, by the beach, the other crew opposite from Teach's men.

"Parties have agreed to combat and have accepted common practice." The man informs the rules, standing in between Flint and Teach, both gazing at each other, not daring to break it apart. "The parties have further agreed, they will be no quarter asked. Nor given." The man gave a gesture for them to chose their weapon of choice, with Reuben handing Flint a pistol and Ellers handing Teach his pistol. Both men parted from one another, walking to their places before the man spoke up once more, "Cock your pistols." He instructs.

"From this moment there's to be no movement until a count of three!" He informs. "One.....Two......Three!"

Two gunshots were fired, which caused smoke in the air and when it faded, we saw Flint still stood on his feet, looking to my left, Teach was shot to the ground. My eyes had widened and I felt a warm hand slid on mine, Netta squeezed it slightly to reassure herself and I couldn't do the same because I was in a trance, praying for Teach to get up. My lips softly trembled as I saw no movement from him and I glared back at the man who shot him. This can't be it.

Just then, heavy breathing was heard from the Infamous Blackbeard and my heart rate slowly trying to calm itself. With a grunt, Teach dug his fingers in the sand, balancing himself trying to get back up as relief filled me. When he got back to his feet, I could visibly see that the bullet had grazed his forehead, by his eyebrow, leaving an injury. Squeezing Netta's hand back, a sigh of relief leaving my lips but I knew it was not the end as Teach grab ahold of the helm of his sword, taking it out from the sand. Flint doing the same.

The two men marching towards each other before the clash of swords and grunting was heard, the two men throwing blows at each other. I couldn't much tell who had the upper hand. With Teach knocking the ginger bearded man down, about to stab him but Flint, with his quick reflexes, he rolled from the spot and quickly got to his feet, back of forth they fought before Teach cut Flint's arm, making him cry out in pain, on his knee. I couldn't ignore the feeling from deep inside that I actually felt for him. He got up, throwing a blow on Teach with his injured arm but with Teach having the upper hand, kicked him down and his back made a thud against the ground, a gasp leaving my lips. Why am I feeling so many emotions with someone I don't even know? Maybe it's because my dog's name is also Flint...but still though. I felt Vane's piercing gaze on me, but I try ignoring it as the only thought that went across my mind was someone had to stop this.

With Flint on the ground, giving Teach the upper hand to finish him off. The next thing that I see, is Vane speed past me and blocks Teach's strike towards the ginger haired man, throwing strikes back at him, making him retreat back blocking the strikes from Vane.

I could see the hurt in Teach's eyes as Vane dropped down his sword, not wanting to fight him. Teach looked back at Vane and Flint, betrayal feeling his eyes which quickly turned to fury as he walked past Vane. When he got to Flint, "Take him," he starts, "Get the fuck off my beach." He spat before continuing, walking away.

I was about to walk after him but Netta held my wrist, preventing me to, giving a shake of her, signalling me not to and I just watched my husband walk away, shrinking in from distance.