Chapter 17

(Edward Teach POV)

When I opened my eyes, patiently taking in the morning rays of light, letting out a grunt acknowledging the weight on me. When eyes landed on the girl, who was peacefully rested on my chest, her lips were opened slightly as she let out snores while mumbling things I couldn't understand, feeling her legs wrapped around my left leg and her arms around my torso, she looked so tiny and innocent as she laid with utter peace, and I couldn't help but smile. Her hair was scattered around wildly and I softly move it away from her face as I now had come to hear her mumbled, "Marty, Melman, Gloria...."

"Marty, Gloria, Melman....I just...Alex," she let out a soft giggle, "Lion's are adorable.."

With my brows furrowed, I chuckled "What?" But it would seem I wasn't too careful as she had awoken up instantly, eyes half open as she looks around, "Where is it?"

"Where's what?"

"I can't find it." Her eyes darted around the room, in search for something.

"What are you looking for?"

"The pam." She scratches her forehead but not on her wound cut, with her hand, the other had been placed on the bed as she had slightly risen from her sleeping position.

"The what?" Asking in confusion as to what she was talking about.

"The pam...." She implies once again, "Do you know where it is?" She doesn't answer as she withdraws her wrapped legs from mine, closing her eyes with her hands, "Would you like me to help you find it?"

"Yes!" Her voice frustration and I sat up, having her sat on my lap as we looked for this 'pam' thing she was so frustrated to find. "The fuck are we looking for again?" I ask after some time, totally forgetting what we were even looking for in the first place.

"The lift-print" my eyes land on her as she rubs her eyes, "Pardon?"

"The lift-born.... lift-print..born..print.." she kept rambling and it was then, I was frustrated so myself. Maybe she was just processing things around her, while awaking so with that thought, I have her respectable space to rub her eyes and scratch her messy long brown hair, with soft blonde highlights. I wouldn't lie, when I say she was very attractive waking up.

"What?" She gazed on me, asking.

"You were on rambling about God knows what just a minute ago." I leaned on the headboard.

"I was sleeping talking," she giggled, "I never do that unless I am anxious."

"Well, explains it all then....of what happened last night."

"It's a cute habit." She nods and takes a pillow by her side on the bed, before stuffing her face on it and fell in the mattress with a soft thump making me chuckle at her childishness, she went on rambling, "Not cute habit when your friends make fun of it." Her face peaked out the pillow and removes the hair on her face, "Wake you up in the middle of the night and tell you: you're late for school on a Saturday morning." I chuckled at this.

"Making you get up for no goddamn reason and listen to you ramble out things that are funny to them, yet you can't even understand them yourself, just for the sake of fun."

"You went to school?"

"Yuh, had to study a lot, I'm still in college...." She shrug as she brings the covers over her shoulders, "Or was, in my case."

"College?"

"Shoot," with her hand, she ran it on her face "I forgot." Before slumping back in and nuzzling in the warm blankets, "You see, in my time, children went to school from age four or five and upwards til they reach to their twenties, I don't know and yeah.."