Chapter 11

"We're terribly sorry, Mrs O'Conner," a voice echoed as the blurry environment soon became more clearer as I notified it as my parents house, in the corridors. Following the mysterious echoing voice lead me to a blonde woman, whom was holding a white washing basket, even though her back was turned towards me, I could easily identify her as my mum quickly enough. "The plane had engine problems, they blew up. Some survivors were found by the shores of Ireland on the way and some passengers were reported dead. Sadly, some did not make it to the shore, we think your daughter might have drifted in the sea along with them." The voice declared.

My mum drops the basket and sharps breathes are inhaled as the phone too, dropped on the wooden floor, dropping on her knees, my mum starts sobbing hysterically. It broke my heart seeing her this way, I wanted to comfort her.

Though, when I took a step towards her, I heard footsteps rushing downstairs and behind me, I saw my dad, shout, "Julia!" And as fast as if was, he somehow went through me. When I look back, i saw my dad cradle mum in his arms, "She's gone. Our baby is gone, Toby!"

"I know, I just heard about it too." My dad rubs circles on her back, in attempts of comforting her, "We lost another child." My mum sobbed in the crook of my dad's neck, grabbing ahold of his torso.

And I could see, a few tears twinkled in the edge of he's eyes, "Our baby girl still lives within us now, just as her older sister." My dad tries reassuring mum as so himself.

"Mum, dad?" Stepping closer towards them but it felt like I was drifting back, "wait! Mum! Dad, I'm fine.....look over here... mum!" Everything turns into a black oblivion.

My eyes fluttered open as I released incoherent breathes, the blurriness fading and my now clear vision seeing my blue sky, with soft clouds, "Is this heaven?" Mentally cursing myself for thinking that, as sounds start booming around, men shouting orders, people by the beach and docks. Rubbing my eyes, in attempts to chase the sleep away, I sat up.

A sat there, staring at the bright blue sea, blankly.

Before, a hard lump was swallowed in my throat, my head slowly gathering up the pieces of my dream. I wanted their comfort.....they needed mine, a parent and child far apart from each other, lost. Before I knew it, I, myself, started sobbing softly to myself.

Slowly, I had come to realize the slightly heavily weight on my shoulders and when I look towards them, I saw a black coat that I had never had before- a coat that belonged to Captain Teach. It smelt like the salty sea and gunpowder, and even though he was not here right now, I acknowledged, the coat represented his strong presence that sort of calmed me down, comforted me.

Bringing to closer to me, I smelt that strong gunpowder and soon it reminds me of the engine that blew on the plane-my death.... leading to the devastating news to my parents. No. I must live...for them, I'm sure, even if I'm in a different time from theirs, they would surely want me to live- I had to...for them, for Ro, for everyone I left back home.

Wiping my tears, sniffing a little, I collected myself before standing up and looking back to the town of Beautiful beach of Nassau, the tents that were set and just behind were the markets and town.

Taking a deep breathe, and letting it out, I start to venture back to the Inn.

• • • • • •

When I reached the Inn, I entered the building and immediately was welcomed by the smell of rum. There was no one here, besides the barmaids that were cleaning up the place.