Chapter 22

I was woken up, by the shattering of a glass. My eyes fluttered open and sleepily and sloppily tried to sit up and once I did, I rubbed my tired eyes. Quieting down, I listened to the sound once again to make sure it hallucination of some kind. Hearing something cling with one another repeatedly, I swung my tiny legs off the lavish bed, striding over to the big window in my room. As I approached the huge window, the sounds of clinging got louder, followed by the grunting of men, making me furrow my brows and quickly open it before I had gotten scared to and hesitation filled me. What I saw shocked me. Men fought with one another, blood was splattered on my window from the outside. I saw a figure, thrown on my direction from the outside and I quickly ran away from the window and heard the shattering of glass. With my shaky hands, covering my head, my breathing became uneven as my head turned towards the dead figure, with blood pouring out his skull, a gasp leaves my lips as I had witness his head crushed and my heart's starts racing like the speed of a horse. What had horrified me the most was that the man had worn a silver grey armor, on his chest, a three-headed dragon sigil had been designed on his chest- our house sigil.

My father's voices chants in my ears and I quickly make way towards the big drawers before any other man had to enter my chambers. Opening the cabinet, I saw the four eggs, and I opened the lower cabinet where I had kept my bags for travel: big ones, small ones, many kind. Taking the medium sized bag I quickly laid eyes on, opening it, I carefully placed the eggs inside it and once I had acknowledged all were safely in, I was startled by a man whom just entered through my broken window. The sigil that was that was on his chest made my stomach churn...

"Baratheons...." I softly muttered under my breathe.

The man gave me a sickening glare before charging towards me, and since I was by my door, I quickly had opened it and ran as fast as I could, hearing the big man in armor shout after, "Get back here, you dragonspawn!"

The halls were empty which frightened me as I wanted to call out for help. Just then, a blonde man in armor was ran opposite the direction I was running and I stopped, I was cornered. About to open my lungs and scream as hard as I can, my eyes landed on the man's chest in front of me, seeing a three-headed dragon sigil and through the dim light of the hallway, he was familiar. Ser Eric. "Princess!" When his eyes landed on the man behind me, he quickly grabbed me by the wrist and pushed me behind him. The two man immediately got into combat, throwing brutal strikes and attacks at each other and I just watched in horror. I couldn't leave without Ser Eric. He was the Kingsguard that was assigned to protect me and grew a friend to one another, "quickly, run princess!" He shouts as a blow was sent on his knee but nothing stops him from fighting as he threw blows at the Baratheon soldier, "no, I'm not leaving without you!"

"You have to get to your mother or Princess Elia quickly! Get out of Dragonstone now!"

"But- but"

"There is no time. Run and don't look back!" Just then, he was stabbed deeply into his chest and my mouth agape at the horrifying sight, a tear trickled down my eye and I quickly turned to run once more through the hall. It had terrified me, big halls and me compared to it, I was so little and men like giants to me were in war. All my years growing up in Dragonstone, I knew each and every hallway very well from the back of my head-but now...i did not know where to turn. I did not know where my mother is...all I wanted right now was to be in her comforting arms and nothing more.

I had ran until reaching the room which had belonged to Princess Elia, I heard horrifying screams as I gulped down the hesitation and peaked through the almost closed door, seeing- my sibling, Rhaenys on the floor in a pool of blood and a crying babe, Aegon in the arms of a huge man, bigger than the one before, his head covered in a terrifying helmet and he took his long dagger and stabbed the infant cut open and his mother releasing screams of pure horror, "NOOOOOO! My son!!!!!!" He had dropped the now so quiet babe on the floor and went for his mother next, "No!" She screams in protest and took a glass vase, throwing it on his head but nothing ever happened as the vase shatters, over his metal helmet and he grabs the wrists of the Dornish woman. About to enter the room to help her in someway, but suddenly had been lifted from the floor by that same Baratheon soldier from before, "no! No! Let go of me, no!!!!!" He ignored, throwing me on his shoulder as I thrash and throbbed, "This will be over soon dragonspawn." He growls, throwing me on the floor and the bags tumbling down on the ground and I had secretly hoped that the eggs were okay. The man got on top of me, his hands holding my wrists so tight that it caused bruises, "No! HELP!" I called out but he just cackled. Just then, something smashed, colliding with his head and he falls on the ground, blood leaking from his skull.