Chapter 26

"So, is this supposed to be a goodbye then?" I ask, observing the men who board the boats they had arrived with. "You can come with us, you know?" My eyes quickly diverted to Aurora, smiling sadly at her, "I wish you'd asked me that, before I met him, fell in love with him, and started a family with him." Aurora sighed in defeat, "Yeah. What was I even thinking anyway." She kicked the sand a little. There was a pause between us, "so this is the last time we'll see each other?"

"That's not true. You'll come back, after all this right?" I quickly questioned, her eyes darting around. "You don't know where you're headed, are you?" I raised a brow at her.

With a shake of her head, "No. But I'm going with him, so I don't seem like I've betrayed him. I want to support him, no matter what his plans are." Normally, if I had lied to someone and the guilt hits this kind of level where I am right now, I would come clean but the fact that I didn't want to see her disappointed made me think otherwise. I never want to steal my friend's happiness, she's all I've got. "As with me, with Teach."

She smiles sadly at me, "kiss the twins good morning and goodnight for me every day, will you?" A chuckle left my lips, "I will. And you take care of yourself out there."

"I will." She brought me in a warm hug and I try holding back the tears, not wanting to them to see me weak. "I love you, Rina." Wiping the stray tear quickly, "I love you too, Ro."

"Are we ready?" Vane asks, walking over to us and we pulled away from the hug, "Yeah." Vane cupped Aurora's head and kissed her temple before she walks off with one of his men. Our eyes met, "When we come back, we'll talk about us." My fingers fiddled with one another as I nodded, "take care of yourself."

"You too." He nodded and walk after Aurora and his men to shore. They board the last boat, pushing it to flow as the other man started rowing. A sigh left my lips as I turned on my heel, tears fell on my cheeks.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"You alright?" I ask, my voice low, not even above a whisper. Netta was watching the twins, while I tended to Teach's wound. He did not answer me, rather stared off into the little fire that was on for warmth as the night was much colder than the day. The sun had just set. "You're all I have. Don't shut me out."

"If a men has wronged you, numerous times, would you have forgiven them?" He asks me after a brief moment of silence.

"If it was something serious, I wouldn't." I truthfully answered him, in my own experience. "But, that's my opinion." I quickly add in. Soaking in the cloth in the warm water that was heated not long, and drying it, patting his wound, wiping away the blood. "Charles is a good man, I believe he is." I started, going on, "Perhaps he had his own reasons to return back and fight for Nassau."

"And which reasons are those?"

"As bullshit as it sounds, it's easy to grow to love that place." I say, In so little time, I grew to adapt to it and learned how to get by the days there even though it was dangerous and fucked up." I won't lie, saying I miss the tavern me and Aurora worked in. Despite the lustful drunken pirates, there were others who men who stayed in their boundaries. The parties there never ended, day in,day out. I truly miss it. "When I left with you, I had to contemplate and here I am here with you. Believing I left half myself in that place....I don't know what to call that kind of feeling, but I think that's what's going on in Vane's head.

"He may, have left a part of him there." I shrugged lightly, coming into a conclusion. "I don't want to interfere your thoughts in deciding to hate him for what he's done to you, but think it through. Do what you feel is right." I advised him.

"Eight years, nine wives, no sons." He whispered lowly. "That reason I brought him here. The fear of fading from this world without a son to carry out my legacy."

"You had no sons?"

"Only had daughters." He states and I finally finished cleaning his wound. "But now, you have a son........just don't... don't speak that way." I stutter, not ready to accept that anytime soon, nor anytime at all. He turned to look at me, eyes studying mine before our gazes were broken by a man shouting from outside. "Captain!" With a sigh from Teach, he forced a tired smile and kissed my forehead, getting to his feet, he exists the tent and I was left on my own.

Dropping the cloth I had used in the bucket of water, I was left with my never ending thoughts that played in my head.

I was so lost in trance that I had not noticed the man that had entered in the tent. A grinned played on his lips as it gave me an uneasy feeling, "How did you get in here?" I asked, my heart pounding as he pulled out his sword.

"You have a prize on your head girl." He points it the tip of his sword my way, "And I'm here to deliver it." Charging at me, he blew an attack my way and I dodge it quickly. Quickly observing for any weapon nearby, running by the nightstand, I took the pistol I kept in there and shot the man in the arm, "Ahh! What the fuck?" Did he not know what a pistol was? By how he dressed gave me a weird feeling, weirdly familiar. I had no time to think as he blew a straight on my left and I quickly dodge it, getting on the bed and rolling the other side as he chases me around it. I was about to run out the tent but he pulls my hair, preventing me to and smashing against his chest.

With my elbow, I hit him making him clutch his stomach, "you fucking cunt!" Running to the dresser on the other side, grabbing the cutlass Vane given me, quickly blocking the blows he shot my way. I kept shooting at him. He cut the side of my leg with a grunt and I was on my knees, with him about to finish me but I pushed his feet back as hard as I can. Hard, that he tumbled back to the fire that engulfed her and it arises, soon everything escalated in flames, the whole tent making me gasped.

The man in flames shouted as the fire ate him up and I stood, about to run to leave the tent when I remembered the eggs, that had belonged to Teach. Quickly running back to them, dropping the gun and sword aside, I took them in my arms, about to get on my feet but my left foot hurt, preventing me from getting up. The fire quickly closing in and the exit and that's when I thought it was over.

Suddenly feeling pounding on my head, my heart racing as it became more difficult to breathe. I dropped the eggs on the ground, holding my aching head, the voices shouting on it.

"Why do you hurt mama the way you do?"

"You're seeing Stark woman again, aren't you? I won't let you!"

"My little cub, I've got you. Everything is going to be fine."

"Don't let them take me mama!"

"I don't want to be here. I want to go home."

"Either you're going to cooperate or chose violence."

"I chose violence."

"You can't just give up like that!"

"They are our girls. They are ours."

"We have to accept the truth."

"Charles Vane!"

"Treasure..."

"Things happen for a reason we have no control over."

"I should have fought instead and not let you save me."

"Well you wouldn't be here, wouldn't you?"