Chapter 42

"Mahalo, have a good one." The cab driver bid farewell after paying him and drove off.

"Thank you!" Himari giggled waving him goodbye.

We walked towards the double doors that automatically opened, Teach stopping in his tracks. "How are they able to open on their own? Is it somewhat magic?" A giggle left my lips, "No, it's a sensor. It senses there's a presence approaching and it does it's job by opening."

He nods, features still filled with confusion that he did not get a full explanation about it but that was for another day I suppose.

"I still don't understand why there is need for you to wear this flower crown." He raised a brow and I just smile, holding onto the hand of the curious little Yi Tish girl for her not wonder off and get lost in the busy mall.

"Well, I'm an Olympic skater," I shrug, letting out a breathe. "Someone sees me and they want to take a picture with me or want an autograph, if that were to happen, the picture or videos taken of me would be sent to social media, then it'll go viral. Once it goes viral, it could never go unnoticed by my parents and if that occurred, rumors would go around saying I've woken up from the dead." Maybe I'm over exaggerating...just a little.

But I can't deny that it is not true. It definitely could happen.

"Being famous also means, I have to face the torturing paparazzi and sometimes, I need to hide from it."

"With a flower crown that only covers the majority of your eyebrows?" Teach bursts out into a laugh....a mocking one.

My brows furrowed in frustration, "Give me a break, it's the only disguise that won't go embarrassing me." I wasn't that good at hiding from paparazzi like Leonardo DiCaprio.

We entered the grocery store to which Himari and Teach seemed quite baffled about it, "There is room full of food!" The little girl squealed. "Where do they come from?"

"Did you see the odd building we passed by, the one with smoke from the top of it?" Teach hesitantly nods, "Yes."

"Those are factories. Food comes from the farms, taken to processing to the factories and then delivered to retailers which are the grocery stores." I explained and more and more, I could see him grasping the idea, "Of course, not every food is processed since they can be transferred from farm to stores."

"So, in other words, it's like the markets?"

"Yes." I rolled a trolley in the store, tracing my feet to the spices isle. I always begun with the spices, they were very important....at least to me whom loved spicy food. "Spices?" The Captain read the label of the brand on one spice. "Hmm." I say stacking them in. "Jesus, how many do you need?"

"If you already knew by now, my tongue craves for spicy food. I'm not very much a fan of bland food, doesn't satisfy me." I shrugged and rolled the trolley forward.

From the corner of my eye, I saw the liquor section and my eyes widened. Shit. "Now I need the sauce which is not here, come on, let's go." I made the useless excuse, grabbing onto the lager hand of the Captain and dragging him away.

Already, I felt like a fool.

Teach being a smart man, he could pick up quite fast and my stupidity made me make it more obvious. "What?" The man furrowed his brows, not willing to budge.

Gods please be on my side now.

"The sauce I'm looking for, is not in this isle," I told him and ruffled Himari's hair, "sweetling, let's go, come." The little girl being an angel obeyed and walked forward.