Chapter 26

Jake's PoV (Axel's Brother)

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen located in Axel's house. We've all been staying here since the night of the Charity Ball.

I always knew there was something up with that 'Adalyn' girl. Something about her just didn't sit right with me.

I don't know if it was her overly-nice personality or the way she was offended easily and so sensitive.

Something about her just wasn't right with me.

And I guess I was right because it turned out she's a daughter of a Russian Mobster who's kidnapped the niece and nephew of an Italian Mobster.

That's enough to classify there's definitely something up with her.

I shook my head and continued walking towards the kitchen. It was like 3 in the morning and my adhd is preventing me from sleeping.

I needed something to drink anyway. I was parched.

I walked towards the entrance but stopped when I heard two other people talking.
"Addy. They're going to come for us and we're going to die. I don't want to die yet Addy.

I recognised that voice as Leah's. She seemed to be crying due to the heavy breathing and shakiness of her voice.
"Leah. Stop thinking like that. We're going to be fine. Ivan and Adrik won't let anything happen to you Leah."

"You don't know that. I'm just a messed up bitch who can't even stop herself from crying. I'm such a fucking mess up Adalyn."
I peered around the corner to see Leah's head laid on her arms which were crossed over the counter.

Adalyn sat next to her and the sobs that escaped Leah's mouth even hurt me a little. They sounded so pained.

Adalyn pulled her into her and Leah wrapped her arms around her neck and sobbed into her shoulder.
"No Leah. You're not a mess up. You're the best person I know. You're the reason why I'm still alive. This is the bipolar talking. You just need your medication."

"I don't want my medication though."
Leah pulled away from Adalyn and she seemed angry now.

Adalyn let out a sigh and placed her hand on Leah's shoulder.
"Leah. You need your medication. You're not going to get any better without it. I know you don't like it but it helps doesn't it? Just please do it for me. I can't bear seeing you this heartbroken and down. You're the strongest person I know and I love you so much."

Leah broke down again and clung herself onto Adalyn. Adalyn placed her hands on Leah's hair and stroked it a little soothing her sister's sobs.

I leaned my head against the wall and took in a deep breath.

Why does she have to be like that? It would be easier for me to hate her if she wasn't so goddamn fucking nice and caring.

I don't even know why I want to hate her. She's literally perfect.

Maybe that's why I hate her. Because she's so perfect and there's people like me out there can't even fucking think properly without having the urge to punch or destroy something.

I clenched my fists by my sides and scrunched my face up angrily. I took in a deep breath trying to contain my anger.

Fucking anger issues. Always ruining my life.