Chapter 28

I nervously shuffled on my feet waiting for Axel to come back to his penthouse

I nervously shuffled on my feet waiting for Axel to come back to his penthouse. I had been gnawing over what I was about to do for a while.

Was I ready? Like was I truly ready?

I knew that it wouldn't exactly be painless but was I ready for that?

I didn't want to think of it as an obligation either. I didn't want to think I had to do this for Axel or else I truly wouldn't want it.

But I know I do truly want it.

Even if Axel doesn't think it himself, I trust him. I trust him to give myself to him fully and that's the thing that's stopping me from darting to the bathroom right now.

I nervously played with the silk robe I wore and nibbled on my lower lip. I sat on the bed with my legs crossed Indian style.

I had texted Axel a little while ago to see when he was coming back. He said he was on his way. That was 10 minutes ago.

He should be here any second and that just made my nerves even worse.

I left his business building with Cole and one of Armani's guys about an hour ago as I told Axel I was getting tired.

I wasn't getting tired if you hadn't already guessed.

I spent that whole hour trying to convince myself not to wimp out of what I was about to do.

I even called Leah asking her what to do.

Flashback

"You what!!? Are you seriously asking me that question Adalyn??? Seriously?"
I paced around the bathroom and nervously ringed my fingers together.

"Leah please. I'm scared. I want to go along with it but I'm scared it's going to hurt. Like really really bad. Leah just be serious with me for a moment."
She let out a sigh and I heard her footsteps walk somewhere before a door closed.

"Addy. I'm not gonna lie. It's going to hurt like a bitch."

I began to bite my fingernails.
"Why couldn't you have lied then?!!"

She sighed again and I could only imagine she had her head perched on her hand and a fed up look on her face.
"Because I don't want you to think it won't. As long as Axel helps you along, you'll be fine. It's going to kill at the start but if he's gotten you ready properly it won't hurt too bad unless you're literally really sensitive."

"I am!!! I am sensitive."

"I'm not going to ask why or how you know that because I don't want to traumatise you or me but with that fact in mind it'll probably hurt whether he readys you or not. But, remember, you just need to be patient. If Axel loves you like he says he does, I know he'll go patient and slow with you. The pain will eventually go away and you'll feel amazing. You shouldn't be too scared. Just prepare yourself for pain because you will most probably feel some."