Chapter 42

Dnf
Iykyk😏😏😉

I watched from outside of the room as Adalyn's physical therapist helped her as she tried to walk

Despite him being a man and having his hands on her, I held myself back from punching him in the throat because it was for her good and I wasn't going to risk scaring her in any way either.

Currently, he had one of his arms around her waist and the other one holding her hand as she placed a foot forward and then placed the other one forward.

She's been going to these sessions for about 4 weeks now and as the time goes on she's getting better and more used to walking.

Of course ,when we're at home, I also help her do exercises but that's about the only time I ever let her walk. The rest I do myself.

However, whenever she's going to go in the bath, she refuses my help. I know it's because she doesn't want me to see what she looks like now but I'm trying to help her see that I don't mind because I honestly don't.

I couldn't care if she had scars or not. It's still the same Adalyn: she just needs a little help to regain her spirit again and I'll be sure to help her all I can.

The other day she received her finger prosthetic and when she puts it on I almost don't see the difference it's that good.

We gave her the full decision on which ones she wanted. There wasn't really a limit for her as the place where her finger was cut was suitable for all of them and there wasn't a price limit either.

She chose a silicone one and thankfully her finger had been cut just above her middle joint so it was possible.

However, because she doesn't have the top half of her fingers she won't be able to bend them but she will be able to move them due to her lower half still being intact.

I would just sometimes find Adalyn staring at her fingers a little saddened and confused.

It must upset her but thankfully it was her left hand so she could still write but I know it'll still be difficult for her to adjust to it.

"Jake!"
I turned my head to the left to see Jake ,with the help of a crutch, walk into the room.

He gave Adalyn a large smile and went over to her. They hugged each other and I looked away.

Even though he was my brother, I couldn't help but be a little jealous of their new found close relationship. 

I have no right to be for they had both been through something only the two of them would understand so it's clear why they're so close now but I just wish Adalyn would trust me enough to talk to me like she does him.

I just want her to trust me. That's all I ever wanted and ever will want. Her trust.

A deep sigh escaped my mouth and I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Don't worry Axel. It'll all be fine soon."