Chapter 38

Drip

Drip. Drop.
Drip. Drop.
Drip. Drop.

Those two words were my new best friend. The only thing I could hear in this dark hollow room.

I was no longer in the same room as Jake anymore. No matter how hard I tried to stop them I was put into another room.

Now I had no idea if they were going to hurt him. How stupid I'd be if I believed they wouldn't?

I mean they did before.

Flashback

"Where the fuck are they Anastasia? Come on tell me."
My head was dunked into the water again and I tried my hardest to not open my mouth but due to my panic I couldn't hold myself back.

Despite my efforts to avoid this, I still ended up with my head in water.

My hair was pulled back and I gasped for air holding into the edge of the bucket.
"I-I already t-told you. I don't k-know."

My head was pushed back down and I tried my hardest to use my hands to push it up but that didn't work.

I thrashed in Fyodor's hold and tried everything. But couldn't escape or move an inch.

"Stop lying to me. I know you know."

"I d-don't."
My head was dunked again and my throat was beginning to be affected by the ongoing slaughter.

"Yes you do. Tell me."

"No I-I don't!!!"
I was waiting for my head to be pushed down again.

I waited even more but it didn't come.

My eyes slowly opened and my mouth fell open seeing my pa's face right in front of me.

Fyodor tightened his grip on my hair and the stinging had begun to cause a pounding in my skull.

"Why are you so resilient in denying my accusations?"

He searched my eyes and I used what I had taught myself to make them show nothing.

No emotion. No answer.

"B-Because they're i-incorrect. I don't k-know where th-the children are."

He stayed silent again and then stood up straight.
"Very well. Dunk her again."

My eyes widened and my head was dunked once more. Only this time it was for longer.

Bubbles ran to the surface as air escaped my mouth and just as I believed I was about to black out for real I was welcomed to air.

I sucked it in like a dying woman. Which I was close to being.

" мальчик просто сидит там, сэр. что нам делать?"