Chapter 17

I awoke to an empty bed and the television playing SpongeBob. "Kenny" I called but she didn't answer. I got up and made my way towards the bathroom and saw the door was open. I peeked outside and saw no guards. "Kenny" I called out again still no answer. I smelled the coffee brewing which meant that she was downstairs with Tristan. I found my way towards the kitchen in this maze he called a house.
      "I don't want to leave. I like it here." I heard Kenny say. "I know" he sighed "I like it when you guys are here too, but Quinn is the boss" he said. "No. She's not. You have to make her stay" she said "Pleaseee" she begged. "I'll try" he said "but I can't make no promises" he exclaimed. "Just kiss her like you always do" she said "that always makes her happy" she exclaimed making him laugh. "If only it was that easy" he chuckled.
          "Hi" I said entering the kitchen. "Tristan can I watch tv in your room please?" Kenny asked looking at him. "Sure, just don't spill cereal in the bed" he smiled. "It's ok" she sighed "I'm not that hungry anyways" she said pushing it away and leaving the kitchen without looking at me. I have to admit that hurt. Kenny was always so happy to see me no matter what.
        "She's never been this mad at me before" I exclaimed sadly. "Yeah well she'll get over it" he said putting their bowls in the sink and walking out the kitchen. Damn. That one hurt too. "Tristan" I called running after him. "Wait. Please" I said. "Wait. For what?" He exclaimed stopping at the front door. "Wait for what?" He asked annoyed.
        "I-I-I don't know" I whispered softly. We just stared at each other before he sighed and walked out the door. I couldn't help but let the tears fall down my face. Why do I feel like this? He's the one who lied to me. He kept this big secret knowing how I would react. I want to leave but at the same time I don't. "Uggh what am I going to do?" I said to no one In particular.
          I was starting to fall asleep at the table waiting for Tristan to come home. My eyes were almost closed when I saw the headlights from Tristan car. I sat up instantly and fixed myself. I decided tonight I was going to apologize and see what we could do since I really wanted to be with him. I decided to cook him dinner and apologize, and hope that we could talk since I really missed him. I heard giggling and instantly felt my mood deplete. So he goes and find the first floozy he could find. I got up and came face to face with Tristan and some girl. She looked as if she was about my age. I bit my bottom lip in order to keep myself from biting his head off but instead I reached over and grabbed the first thing I could and chucked it at him. I watched as the macaroni slid down his face. "I'll be gone in the morning" I said my voice breaking and stomping upstairs to his room and locking the door. I sat on the balcony and cried again for the thousandth time.
       Kenny could hate me all she wants she'll get over it. I heard a knock on the door but decided to ignore it. I heard it again and went to answer the door. I wanted to scream go away but I didn't want to wake Kenny. I ripped the door open and came face to face with the girl. She was brave for coming here because I was honestly two seconds from ripping her head off her shoulders. Wow. That was pretty angry. "What?" I asked sharply. "I come with a piece offering, and to introduce myself. I'm Tristan's sister Teagan" she smiled holding up the bottle of wine and two glasses. Instantly I felt my anger turn to embarrassment. "Can I come in?" She asked, and I stepped to the side letting her in. I led her to the balcony so we wouldn't wake Kenny.
      "So my brother told me that you're a human." She exclaimed as we sat down and I nodded. "He also said that he told you our secret and you've been fighting a lot." She said handing me a cup and pouring some wine. "That was really funny by the way" she laughed pouring herself a glass and taking a sip. "What" I seethed trying to hide my emotions. How come he never mentioned her before. "The macaroni" she laughed. "The food looked amazing by the way" she complimented. "Thanks" I said taking a sip.
       "So why haven't they mentioned you?" I asked getting straight to it. "Well I've been away at school. Plus, I don't visit as much. This place is super depressing." She exclaimed making a face. "So, they haven't mentioned you because" I said waiting for the answer. "Well technically I'm banished but Tristan said I could come back and that was a while ago but now I'm done with school and stuff, so I figured I come back" she rambled. "Sheesh your kind of scary" she said finishing off her glass as I did the same.
      I looked at her and tried to see the resemblance, but I saw none. If anything, she was opposite of them. While Troy and Tristan had dark hair and brown eyes and semi tan skin. Teagan had blonde hair and green eyes, and she looked as if she lived in the sun. She was taller than me but shorter than Tristan but had an athletic build. "Sorry" I exclaimed putting my glass Infront of her. "Here you can have it I'm going to go to sleep. But I think Tristan has learnt his lesson" she laughed getting up and leaving.
          I made my way towards Tristan's office since that's where he usually was this late in the night. I had a slice of cake and milk as a peace offering. I knocked on the door and opened it to find him at his desk looking at papers. "If your here to throw that at me you might as well leave because I'm not letting it happen again" he said not even looking at me. "I bring this as a peace offering" I said holding up the tray. He finally looked up at me and I could see how much our fight was affecting him too. He didn't look like his usual happy self. Instead he looked tired and a little skinny. I walked over to him and placed it down Infront of him. He looked at it and then looked at me.
        "It's not poisoned if that's what you're thinking" I said taking a bite and chewing it. He didn't budge. "Fine. I came to apologize. For real this time" I said. "That's what the dinner was for." I finished kind of embarrassed. "So. What changed?" He asked. "Well you came in the house with an unidentified woman and it's late. Plus, she was giggling." I stated looking at him. "Ok but you didn't give me a chance to speak" he said. "You should've been mentioned your sister." I told him. "And you should've been told me about your secret, and you overreacted about Paul" I listed.
        "Just like you about my secret. And Paul is justifiable because of who I am" he said folding his hands Infront of him. "Fine. We both handled this differently when it could've been better" I shrugged. "Is that all?" He asked unsure. "I've decided that I can give this thing a try. I don't know how it would work but I'm willing to try if you are." I said nonchalantly trying to hide my feelings. It felt as if this was a business meeting rather than an apology. "I would like that" he smiled. "Good" I said walking to the other side of the desk and sitting in his lap.
       I missed his touch so much. I felt as if my body was warm again. The tingles that I felt with him were tenfold and I missed that so much. "Next time I'm mad at you don't bring another woman home unless you want to die" I smiled. "Duly noted" he smiled. "And no more lies. You tell me everything" I said. "Well technically I can't tell you everything until we're married and fully mated." He said looking at me. "Married and mated?" I questioned. "Yeah in order for you to become a full Luna we have to get married, marked, and mated." He said looking at me. "Ok fair enough." I said."Good now can I please get my bed back I hate this couch" he said making me laugh and kiss him.