Chapter 4

Today was Sunday and Kenny and I were getting ready to go to Troy and Tristan's parents' house for family dinner. I told Liv that I didn't want to impose but she insisted. Plus, she also said that his mom extended the invite personally and would be very offended if I didn't come.
       "Kenny come on baby girl. We're going to be late" I told her. "Ok" I heard her yell. "What are you doing in there anyways?" I asked.
       "Just bringing my toys" she said simply. "Toys?" I asked and she nodded.
       "Yeah. Maddy's uncle T got me this" she said opening a book bag I've never seen before with a whole bunch of makeup and nail polish in it.
       "Um Kenny. You know you're not supposed to have that stuff right" I exclaimed taking the bag pack and looking the stuff over.
      "But he said I can get anything I want because I'm family too" she said. "Wow" I exclaimed speechless. That was nice of him. I really appreciated how this family took Kenny in under their wing and treated her as their own.
       "Fine I'll let you keep it, but you can't bring it with us." I told her. "Why?" she whined. "Because I don't want you to mess up your clothes or Dana's house" I told her. "Now let's go." I commanded. "In the car. Chop chop." I told her opening the door.
       The same woman from before opened the door for us as Kenny just ran inside. "Thank you" I smiled as I gave her our things. I still couldn't get over this house. "Quinn! How are you darling" Dana smiled hugging me. This was new. I mean she was nice to me, but this is a bit over the top.
        "I'm great thank you for inviting us" I smiled. "Come join us" she smiled as she made her way towards the kitchen. "Hello everyone" I greeted. "Wine?" She asked, and I nodded. "Just one glass. Kennedy's off duty tonight" I joked.
        "So tell me some more things about you. I feel like I haven't gotten to know as well from your last visit." she smiled putting a glass of white in front of me.
What the hell is going on. Everyone was smiling at me like they were mad, and Dana was laying it on a little thick.
       "Um what would you like to know?" I asked taking a sip of wine. "How do you feel about my son for starters?" she asked making me choke on my wine.
       "Mom don't Tristan is going to kill you" Troy laughed taking a drink from his cup. "What" she shrugged. "I want to know. It's about time that boy found his-". "Mom. Don't" I heard Tristan say cutting her off mid-sentence as he came barreling into the door giving his mom a look I couldn't quite figure out. It looked like as if they were arguing but without any words.
          "Anyways thanks once again for watching the girls we really appreciate it" Troy smiled at me. "Honestly it was really no problem" I smiled "I had fun with them. I wouldn't mind doing it again." I smiled thinking about last weekend. The girls were a lot but hey they're five and very active. I kept them as entertained as possible.
         "Don't say that we might drop her off and never look back" Liv chuckled making us all laugh.
        We were all sitting around the dinner table eating and conversing with one another. I was sitting between Liv and Tristan. Sitting next to him was so calming and comforting. Honestly it was a bit weird that I'm feeling such feelings like this.
       "I'm sorry about my mom" he apologized looking at me sheepishly. "It's fine" I smiled. "She kind of reminds me of my mom a little. With her forthrightness" I laughed making him smile. "Yeah." He smiled.
        "Good thing I stopped her before she asked for your social security number" he joked making me laugh. "Shut up" I joked. "It just shows how much she cares." I told him taking a bite of my food. "Besides you must have told her something about me to make her question me the way she did" I shrugged.
        "What was that?" He asked looking at me confused. "What was what?" I asked. "The arrogance to just assume I was talking about you" he smiled. "I mean you had to be" I shrugged "otherwise she wouldn't have said anything" I smiled.
        "I probably mentioned that I helped you" he responded making me laugh. "Ok. Whatever helps you sleep at night" I laughed patting his shoulder.
       I don't know why I was this carefree, but I liked it. "Hey don't get a bigger head assuming I was talking about you" he chuckled. "Hey. It's not that big" I huffed hitting his shoulder lightly.
      "It kind of is. When I first saw you, I was like wow. I didn't know the moon was on vacation" he joked making me laugh hard. "It's not that big" I feigned hurt. "I'm sorry I apologize. I think it's perfect." He smiled patting my head. I felt that shock again and it felt amazing. I wonder if he felt it.
      "Ok truce" I asked extending my hand and he took it. There they were again. Those tingly feelings. This time we just looked into each other's eyes as my palm got lost in his. We just stared at each other drinking each other in. I heard someone clear their throat making us drop each other's hands.
      "Quinn we were talking about the fall festival" Dana smiled. "Oh yes. Anne told me about that's. She wanted me to work the stand this year since my food has been selling" I replied. "That's great. That way you can meet more of the towns people. They can get accustomed to you." She smiled. "Mother" Tristan seethed making me laugh