Chapter 39

Adrenaline was all that was keeping me going. I retraced our steps and found a door with a million locks on it. I picked through the millions of keys and finally unlocked the door.
      "Tegan" I called and saw her laying on the floor. I ran to her and unlocked the cuffs from behind her back and slumped her arm over my shoulder. "Come on" I said walking out of the room and down the long tedious hallway. "Tee. Come on girl. Wake up" I said slapping her.
       She was starting to get heavy and my body was starting to slow down. I made a left and saw there was a guard with his back to us and made a quick U turn going into the first room I found. It was a makeshift security room showing all aspects of the house. I locked the door and put the chair under the knob and called Tristan.
       "Kyle. You son of bitch" he said into the phone. "Tristan" I cried into the phone. "Quinn? Are you ok? Where's Kyle?" He asked. "Tristan please tell me you have Kenny?" I cried. "I have her she's fine. A little shaken up but she's fine." He exclaimed. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yes" I cried. "Please find me I want to come home" I sniffed. "I know baby. I know" he said. "Please hurry" I cried hearing the phone disconnect.
         I looked at it and saw that it had died making me sigh. I looked at the panel and saw there was a bunch of buttons and I saw one labeled alarm. I pressed it and heard the alarm ring making everyone run towards the entrance and look around. Once they couldn't find us, they ran back inside to find Kyle. They had found him unconscious and went to help him.
        "Quinn" I heard Tegan say. "Tegan" I said going to her and checking her out. "Quinn. I feel like shit" she exclaimed. "I know" I exclaimed looking around to see if there was something to clean her injuries. I saw there was a half of bottle of water and gave her some. "No" she moaned. "Yes" I said pushing it to her lips and she took a small drink. "Is connor ok?" She rasped. "I don't know" I whispered making her her cry in return making me cry.
         "Do you think they're looking for us?"  Teegan asked. "I hope not" I exclaimed. So far we left the house but found out we were on and island. We found cave on the beach and hid inside of it. It was cold and damp inside the cave but we had to wait until Tristan showed up. "It's been two days" I whispered putting my chin on my knees. "He's going to come. Don't worry" Teegan replied. "I hope so" I exclaimed hearing my stomach growl. "We're on the last of our water" I said looking at her.
        "If he doesn't come tomorrow then we can see how far we can swim out" Tegan offered. "We can't. I'm in horrible shape and you're still not healed yet" I said looking at the water. I mean she was looking better but she still looked horrible and she couldn't shift so we were still out of luck. "I guess we could always try your idea" I said to her. "I'm sorry about Conner. Maybe Tristan was right about us" she said sitting next to me.
      "Don't" I said looking at her. "He was obviously in a bind." I said. "Besides he apologized, and he was the one who's told me to put Kenny in the trunk" I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "I want to hate him, but I still love him" she cried. "Ugh" she groaned. "I never cried so much" she chuckled making me chuckle. "It's ok to cry during these times" I told her. "Ever since Connor came into my life, I feel like all I do is cry" she said. "Well your meeting is not conventional" I defended. "Why do you care so much?" She asked looking up at me.
          "Because everyone deserves to have someone love them the way mates love each other, and he came clean" I said hugging her. "What's that?" She asked pointing to the light in the middle of the ocean. "It's a boat" I said looking at it and seeing more. "What the hell is that?" I said looking at the flashing light coming straight towards us. "We should go before we get blown to pieces" Tegan said grabbing my hand and running towards the water.
   We stood on the beach and watched as the side of the house slid down the hill onto the beach. "Come on" I heard Tegan say pulling me away from the fire and chaos.
          "Wait" I hear Tristan she perked up turning around and looking at the boats pulling up on the beach. "There they are" a guy said pointing to us and running at us full speed. "Run" Tegan said pushing me towards the water. I did the dumbest thing ever and looked back. The guy that was chasing us was now a large dirty brown wolf and he wasn't slowing down. He ran jumped in our direction with his mouth wide open. I closed my eyes and went into fetal position waiting for him to land but nothing never happened. I looked over and saw another wolf tearing him to shreds just as other wolves started attacking each other.
          "Let's go" Tegan said yanking my hand making hiss. It was as if I was watching a live action sci-fi film right in front of me. There were wolves everywhere ripping each other apart. "Don't look back" she said pulling me. We were almost to the water when I felt a searing hot pain in my side making me drop to the ground. My hands went to my side immediately and felt the warm liquid. I had been shot.
         "Quinn" I heard Tristan yell running towards me as a rain of bullets came down. "Everyone get down" I heard him yell. This was it. Paul was going to win. Everything was all for waste. I was cold, tired, and hungry. Five minutes of sleep wouldn't kill me or maybe it would. I was just so tired and my everything hurt. I could feel my lids getting heavy and my mind drifting off. The last thing I heard was Tristan's voice before giving into the darkness.