Chapter 32

"Mhmm. Ok. Ok." I sighed "I have to go" I exclaimed kissing Tristan goodbye. "Do you really?" He frowned. "Yes. But I'll see you, and Kenny for lunch" I smiled kissing him again. "Fine" he sighed. "But you owe me" he said. "You know it" I winked walking out the room before he could say anything else and made my way downstairs.
     "Finally, I thought I was going to have to spray you two" Tegan joked. "We weren't doing anything" I said grabbing my stuff off the counter and walking towards the door. "Do you have any questions you want to ask?" I asked her as we got in the car and drove off. "Yeah. I made a list last night, and how many people do you plan on hiring?" She asked.
       "Well I'm hoping that this renovation will bring more people. Which in return will bring more money. So, I can expand" I smiled. "This place needs a serious revamp" I said looking around. I mean the town was cute, but it was also old. That was another thing to add to my list. I thought as I pulled into the parking lot of the diner. "Ooh look" I said as I pointed to the cars waiting. "Great turn out" I smiled getting out and walking into the diner.
       "Woah. How did you afford this?" She asked looking around. "Well Anne had a lot of money saved so I figured why not use it" I said looking around. The floors got a new finished and the inside was painted a nice light blue. I had them break down the left wall and put all windows, and turned the nook into a makeshift stage for live music or whatever. All the new tables and chairs were black, and I removed the booths giving it a more open feel and look. The counter I kept the same but just replaced the chairs.
      "Wow this looks amazing" Tegan smiled "I can't believe you did this" she said. "Wait till you see the kitchen" I smiled. "But first let's do these interviews" I said opening the door.
        "Hi" I smiled running into the pizza shop to find Tristan and Kenny sitting at the center table. "Sorry I'm late" I smiled kissing him. "It's fine" he shrugged. "Hi babe" I said kissing Kenny's cheek. "How was school today?" I asked her. "It was fun. Everyone keeps talking about my party" she smiled. "Honey your party was like a month ago" I told her. "Yeah but they keep saying it was fun" she shrugged and went back to coloring just as a waitress came and placed down the pizza.
     "Here you go" she smiled lingering a look at Tristan. "I even put extra cheese and pepperoni" she said seductively while placing a napkin down and walking away. I snatched it up quickly and I read it and saw it was her number and name making me see red right away. I got up calmly but was stopped by Tristan's hand on my wrist. "Babe don't" he exclaimed. "It's fine" I stated my blood boiling. How dare she try and flirt with my mate. "Don't. We'll deal with it later" he said looking at Kenny making me calm down instantly.
     "Fine but that whore better not come back over here" I grumbled. "She's being handled right now" he said as I turned to look at her and saw her getting reprimanded. Good should've snapped her neck. Stupid bitch. "Woah" I said feeling my hands shake. "Grab my hand and breathe" Tristan whispered in my ear calming me instantly.
       I don't know what was wrong with me. My emotions were all over the place today. "I'm sorry. My emotions are all over the place" I said looking at the pizza. "It's the bond." Tristan said. "Now that we've bonded your strength, senses, and more are heightened." He exclaimed. "Plus, what you're feeling is tenfold because you're mated to the alpha" he explained.
       "Do you experience this too?" I asked and he nodded. "How do you handle it?" I asked. "You" he said grabbing my hand and kissing it making me smile. "You're too nice to me" I said kissing him.
         I awoke in the bed alone. I looked around to find Tristan, but I couldn't find him. I grabbed his shirt off the floor and put on going to look for him. I looked all through the house but couldn't find him. I check his office and saw the light was on and the door was cracked.
        "Tristan" I spoke softly but got no response. "Tristan" I called again but saw he was asleep at his desk. I walked in and went to wake him when I saw the papers spread and his laptop opened on his desk and looked at them. I looked at his computer and saw an email from an unknown email.
Alpha Sawyer,
Please consider my offer for my team and I won't take no for an answer. Besides we'd hate for anyone else to get hurt.
Paul J
       My blood froze instantly. I looked over and saw Tristan was out like a light. This man could sleep though a fire. I grabbed his laptop and the papers and made my way to the kitchen. I then went back to the office and got Tristan waking him.
       "Quinn" he rasped his voice still heavy with sleep. "Come on let's go to bed" I smiled and took him upstairs to our bedroom. I placed him on the bed, and he pulled me into his arms snuggling into my chest. "love you" he sighed and returning to his sleep. I let a couple minutes pass before I snuck out of the bed and went back to the kitchen.
       I first combed through all the emails from Paul and found out that Paul had been emailing Tristan from a private server. And in all the emails he stated that he wanted Kenny and he would go through anyone to do it. Then I looked through the papers and read that there was an increase of rouge activities in the neighboring packs and that they were getting closer. Plus, Tristan was looking into a few newcomers who had just settled down here. I looked around for a piece of paper and a pen and got to scribbling.