Chapter 2

"Hi I'm Quinn. Olivia sent me for Anne" I said to the girl at the front counter. "Sure give me a sec" she smiled.
       I thought long and hard and decided that me and Kenny were going to stay. The town was small and like Olivia said no really came through here. She told me that there was a cafe that could really use my help since I've been cooking like a mad woman at her house.
       Half moon cafe was a cute little quaint place. It stood on the corner of the street. The building was brick and mortar with very large glass windows. There were tables with guest here and there, but you could tell it was slow. There was a nook in the corner filled with books and magazines. It was very cute and a little old.
      "Hello dear I'm Anne" an older woman smiled coming from the back. She was about my height and a little on the plump side. Her hair was graying a little, but she wore it with proud. "Liv tells me you're a great cook and baker" she smiled. "When can you start?" She asked. "You don't want me to do a test run?" I asked confused. "If Liv says you're good. Then you're good" she smiled. "Tomorrow it is" I smiled walking out the cafe.
     "Ok sign here and were done" the guy said giving me a pair of keys. "Rent is due on the thirty first or the thirtieth. If you need an extension you got one week then after that I charge an extra hundred every day you're late" he smiled. Sheesh. I'll definitely put that reminder in my phone then. "Thank you Quinn have a great day." the guy said taking the white paper and giving me the yellow one.
      I looked around and smiled at my new place. It wasn't like Troy and Olivia's but it was mine and Kenny's. It was a nice for the price, and the neighborhood was ok. It was a little one story house with a decent backyard. Everything was a nasty yellow color. That was going to change soon. The furniture was an ugly grey color. Yeah, this place needs a major make over. But that could wait because I needed to get the next thing on my list which was a car.
     I found a good one on the Internet and it turns out Liv knew them as well. When they said this town was small they really weren't kidding. I heard my phone ring making me pick up quickly. "Hello" I stated assuming the worse.
     "Hey" Liv said. "We're going to go out to eat tonight and I was calling to let you know that Troy's brother is going to be joining us." Liv said. "Sure. Just text me the info and I'll be there" I replied calming down. Quinn don't worry we're safe. "Ok I'm sending it. See you soon" she replied hanging up.
      I sat down and sighed pulling out my emergency cash envelope. I couldn't use my credit cards anymore, and I had to be extra careful with my phone since that could be tracked too. I counted it and saw I was on my last fifteen hundred. Welp at least I got a house and a job.
I made my way to the address that Liv sent me. I thought it was a restaurant, but it was a damn mansion made to look like a cabin. I drove up the driveway coming to a stop next to Liv's other car. I walked up the step and ranged the doorbell. A small woman answered the door smiling. "Welcome can I take your jacket?" She asked as I passed it to her. Wow I should've dressed a little nicer for this.
      I had on my favorite black shirt and ripped jeans. The inside was wooden and open. I walked down the two little steps and checked out the living room. It nice and neutral colored furniture's with some red pillows thrown about to give it that color. The floor was also wood while a creme colored rug stood in the middle. A few spaces away was black marbled L shaped kitchen counter separating the living room and kitchen. There were three red stools looking into the kitchen facing away from the living room. The kitchen on the other hand was a beautiful stainless-steel kitchen with hints of black marble.
       "The family is the back yard. Would you like to go?" The woman asked. "Yes. Thank you" I said following her as she made a left into the dining room. Which was also beautiful. The walls were white with pictures of the family on it while there was a large rectangular table in the middle. We walked to the curtains and she pulled it back opening the door for me letting me out. "Dinner will be ready in five she smiled walking back into the house.
        "Quinn" I heard Liv call to me. "Hello" I said taking a seat next to her. "Guys this is Quinn. Quinn this is Edward, and Dana." She pointed to a rather stunning older couple. "And you remember Alice and mike" she smiled.
        "Hello Quinn. Very nice to meet you" Dana smiled. "How are you liking Wolf Point so far?" She asked. "It's ok. It's a little different pace than what we're used to." I replied.
        "So, Liv tells me that you're thinking about staying" she said. "Yeah this town seems pretty good. Plus, I think Kennedy really likes it here" I replied looking at her playing. She looked happy and carefree. Like a kid should.
        I felt bad about dragging her across the country to get away from him, but I had to. I hated that I couldn't answer all her questions honestly. But I knew if I did it would only hurt her more. She already lost one family member I don't need her to lose another.