Chapter 5

I had let Kenny spend the night with Liv so I can stay behind tonight and prep for the festival tomorrow. This was the last festival before school started. Which I was extremely grateful for. I mean I loved Kenny, but she was definitely a handful.
      I put some music on and started the dough for the cookies. I was so busy dancing that I didn't notice Tristian watching me. "Nice moves" he clapped making me scream and jump a mile in the air. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I screamed placing a hand on my beating chest. "I'm sorry." He laughed. "It's not funny I could've died" I told him turning the radio down.
     "What are you doing?" He asked popping a chocolate chip into his mouth. "I'm prepping for tomorrow. And what are you doing here?" I asked him. "Well Anne told me you were going to be here, and I figured you need some company" he smiled grabbing a chair and sitting down. "Well thank you." I smiled. "But if you're here to keep me company the least you can do, is actually help" I motioned him throwing an apron at him.
     "These smell delicious" Tristian said taking the cookies out the oven. "Where did you learn to do all of this?" He asked placing them on the cooling rack. "My mom was a cook, and I used to help her out all the time" I smiled remembering all the times I helped my mom in the kitchen.
      "That's cool my mom wasn't the home maker type. Plus, me and Troy were always with my dad learning the business" he exclaimed putting the mini pies in the oven. "What? You didn't want to partake in the family business?" I asked making the next thing on my list.
       "Not really but I just did it because it's been in my family for generations." He said. "Sift that" I pointed to the dry ingredients. "Well what would you have wanted to do?" I asked him. "I don't know" he shrugged. "Maybe go to college, have normal childhood experiences. Not be tied down by my family and responsibilities" he listed.
       I kind of felt bad for him in a way. I loved that my mom encouraged me to do what I wanted even if I followed in her footsteps. "Well you didn't miss anything" I replied laughing. "What college wasn't fun?" He asked. "Mhmm nah. Just think of it as high school on steroids. And replace the bullies with schoolwork" I laughed pouring the batter into cake pans. "That bad huh?" He asked. "No it was an experience, and I think everyone should try it atleast once" I smiled putting the dishes in the sink.
     Today was the carnival and Tristan was coming over to pick me up, and help me take all the treats we made last night. I liked being around him. It was nice, and it was never boring. Plus, he made me feel safe. I heard the doorbell ring and I ran to answer it. "Hey just give me like a minute" I smiled opening the door and running back to the bathroom to finish brushing my teeth.
     "I thought you said you were ready" he yelled. "I am" I yelled rinsing my mouth out. "I just had to brush my teeth" I said walking into the living room grabbing my purse and phone. "Where's Kenny?" He asked looking around. "She wanted to stay with Izzy and Maddy. Plus, I think Liv and Troy want to kidnap her." I joked making him laugh. "I mean I love her to death. But she's a lot" I said grabbing my jacket and putting my Ugg's on.
     "I think they like having another kid around. Besides they've been trying forever before Maddy." He said opening the door for me. "Thanks for helping me by the way" I exclaimed putting my seatbelt on. "It's no problem besides I'm getting to spend time with you and snacks" he replied. "Greedy much" I laughed.
       "What I like to eat" he exclaimed. "Besides it's been a while since I've had a home cooked meal" he whined. "Don't you have a chef?" I asked him. "No my parents have a chef and I don't live there" he exclaimed. "Besides I thought you would've known that I couldn't cook from last night" he finished. "You're right" I replied.
    The festival was in full swing. Anne was here with everything set up when I got here. "Wow how much did you make?" Anne asked looking at all the boxes. "Well I made about a hundred each" I told her placing the desserts on the warming display.
    "Where do you want me to put these" Tristian asked his arms full of boxes. "Good morning Alpha" Anne smiled before her eyes went wide. "I'm sorry" Anne quieted. "It's fine" he smiled. But you could tell it wasn't.
     "Aww don't be mad. Did she out your nickname?" I teased noticing him relax. "It's cute" I laughed taking a box from him. "It's just a stupid nickname" he whispered almost so low I didn't hear it. "Thank you alpha" I smiled teasing him some more. "You know teasing hurts" he pouted. "I'm sorry. I'll stick to Tristan" I laughed giving him a cinnamon roll and some coffee. "I'll see you later?" I asked hopeful. "Can't wait" he smiled making me jump for joy on the inside.
     It was almost five, and I still haven't seen Tristan yet. He hadn't even texted. Maybe I'm overreacting. I mean we're just friends. I was so busy in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed Maddy, Kenny, and Izzy standing infront of me. "Quinney" Kenny called. "Hello ladies" I smiled at them. "What can I get you?" I asked them.
    "I want hot chocolate and a strawberry donut" Izzy stated. "Anything else?" I asked them. "Cookies, and hot chocolate" Maddy and Kenny said in unison. "Sure" I told them getting their order ready. "So, are you having fun at the carnival?" I asked Kenny. "Yeah. We rode the horses and played some games. It was so fun" she smiled taking a bite of her cookie.
      "Well I'm getting off soon and I want us to spend some time together if that's ok with you?" I asked her, and she nodded face full of cookie. "The stand seems to be a hit this year" Troy smiled. "Yeah I think we're going to close up early we're on our last batch of cookies" I told him. "Well in that case I'll take two, and some coffee." He smiled.
    "Hey where's Liv?" I asked looking around. "She wasn't feeling well. So, I told her to take a nap in the car." He exclaimed. "I've been with the rug rats all day. "I can make her some tea" I offered. "Yes. Thank you. I'll take the girls home with me. Also I have Kenny's things in the car." He finished as I handed him his things.
     "Thank you. I told him. I really appreciate all the help and support over the past couple of weeks" I told him hanging him his food. "No problem you're one of us now anyways" he winked.