Chapter 3

"Quinney I can't see" Kenny whined. "I know that's the point of surprises" I reminded her. "But I wanna know now" she stomped. "Fine we're here anyways. Watch your step." I told her as I walked her up the three little steps to our new home.
    "Now you can take off your blind fold." I told her. She instantly tore off the scarf and looked around puzzled. "Whose house is this?" She asked curiously looking around.
      It had been a couple weeks since I brought the place and I decided to spruce it up a little. Troy, Liv, Alice, and Mike definitely helped me out more than necessary. With helping me buy furniture and fixing up Kenny's room. I painted the living room a nice blue color and decorated it with some black furniture.
     "It's ours" I smiled. "Really?" she smiled, and I nodded. "So we can stay?" She asked and I nodded. She ran and hugged me making me smile hard. "You're the best Quinney" she whispered.  "I have one more thing to show you" I told her hugging her back. "Come" I said as I took her down the hall and stopped at the room on the left. "Open it" I smiled.
      She turned the knob opening the door to reveal an all pink room with a castle shaped bed covered with dolls and a giant unicorn pillow. "Is this mine?" She asked excitedly. "Yep" I said looking at her run and jump on the bed. "Hey, no jumping on the bed or you're going to break it" I told her laughing. "Thank you Quinney. I love it" she smiled getting up and running to the toy chest on the far corner of her room. Liv and Troy thought it would be a great present for her.
      "Ok well I'm going to go start dinner. Any request?" I asked looking at her while she totally ignored me. "Hello?" I called making her look at me. "Any request for dinner?" I asked her. "Pizza" she said hopeful. "Ok" I told her walking out the room to find a menu.
       "Ok I put both Maddy's and Izzy's things in the car. Are you sure you can handle them or the weekend?" Alice asked. "Yes" I told her giving the kids their food as they sat at the table. "Ok well thanks we really appreciate it" she smiled. "Troy's brother is coming to pick the girls up so you can work in peace" she exclaimed. "Ok ladies see you later" she smiled kissing the girls and walking out to her car.
      Izzy was Alice's daughter. She was around the same age as Maddy and Kenny which was great because that meant Kenny had people her age to play with. "Ok ladies. I'm going to sit you here until I get off is that a problem?" I asked them and they shook their heads no. "Ok. Call me if you need anything" I told them walking back into the kitchen.
       This was going to be a nice weekend. Plus I finally found a car that was pretty good. I think it's because of Troy. Comes to find out his family owned basically this whole town, so I think that's why I was getting a lot of things for free or help from certain people. I also heard he had a brother. He was supposed to come to dinner that night but never came apparently, he has some business to take care of since he's running the family business.
      I peeked out the window to check on the girls to find them talking to some stranger. I made a bee line for them quickly. "Girls who is your new friend?" I asked stopping at the head of the table. "I'm sorry I'm Tristan. Troy's brother" he smiled standing up to shake my hand. Wow. He was the most handsome man I'd ever laid eyes on. He was tall with jet black hair, and the brownest eyes I've ever seen. He had a slight shadow, but it made him look more attractive. Kind of mysterious even. He had on a nicely fitted shirt that left nothing to the imagination.
     "Oh" I said unsure of what to say taking his hand. I felt a shock making me pull back my hand quickly. "Sorry" I told him looking at him. He looked at me in shock and in awe. We stood there for a second before anyone of us said anything. Just staring at each other. "Are you guys having a staring contest?" Izzy asked making me break eye contact. "Uncle T" Maddy called trying to get his attention but he wouldn't stop looking at me. It was starting to become a little uncomfortable and awkward.
    "Ok then I'm just gonna go call them to confirm and you can take them until ten" I told him walking away.
     I had just finished locking up the food when I heard someone knock on the front door. I moved the shade to find a smiling Tristan. I unlocked the door and let him in. "Hey" I smiled "I'm gonna get my purse and I'll get them out of your hair" I told him going to the back to get my jacket and purse. A few seconds later I came back with my jacket and purse and made my way towards the front door. I turned the alarm on and locked the door.
    "Here I'll transfer them to my car" I told him. "No ill just take you home. That way I can help you with the girls" he said to me. "No I got it. I've done this plenty of times before" I told him. "I insist" he said with his velvety smooth voice. "Besides it's very late for you to be driving at this time of night with precious cargo" he joked making me laugh. "You're really not going to let this go are you?" I asked. "Nope" he exclaimed popping his p. "Fine" I said walking towards his car.
     I mean Troy confirmed that this was his brother and everyone in this town was already so helpful. So I really had nothing to worry about. Plus with him for some odd reason I felt safe and at peace.
      "Wait" I stopped. "What about my car" I asked. "Give me the key and I'll bring it to you in the morning" he said opening the door for me. "Buckle up please" he smiled closing the door and walking around to the other side. "So where do you live?" he asked looking at me.
     He really was handsome, and now that I looked at him clearly, I can clearly see his features more. His skin had a natural tan that told you he spent some time in the sun. "Um Bridge road" I told him as he started the car.
      "So Quinney" he smiled "what brings you to Wolf Point?" He asked. "Well I was actually cutting through but I decided to stay" I told him vaguely. "I'm glad you came through. We don't get many visitors" he smiled looking at me. "I know everyone keeps saying, and eyes one the road" I reminded him making him laugh. "What so funny?" I asked. "Trust me I'm paying attention" he smiled looking back at the road.
     We fell into a comfortable silence as he drove listening to the light banter from the radio. I felt worry free and at ease. Honestly it was great. "You seem oddly quiet." Tristan exclaimed stopping at a red light taking the opportunity to look at me.
     "I'm just taking it all in" I replied looking at the stars. "It is very beautiful here at night. That's was always one of my favorite things about this place when I was a kid" he smiled. Jesus Christ even his smile was sexy. His teeth were nice and white and pearly. It was like a Colgate commercial. He turned back to the window making my mood deflate instantly.
      A minute later we pulled onto my street. "Which one is yours?" He asked. "That one" I pointed at my little shack I called a house compared to everyone else's. "Wait" he said getting out the car and coming to my side opening the door for me. "Thank you" I smiled at him. "Please don't thank me for being a gentleman. It's my job." he smiled closing the door and walking to the back to get the girls.
      They were all out like a light. He grabbed Maddy and Izzy while I grabbed Kenny. I opened the door and for him and led him to Kenny's room where I had set up a makeshift bed for the girls on the floor. "Here we can just lay them down and take of their jackets and shoes" I told him, and he nodded. Once that was done, I put the blanket in them and closed the door slightly so I can hear anything.
     I made my way towards the front door to show Tristian out. "Thank you" I smiled gently. "Anytime" he replied holding his hand out for me to shake. I took it again and felt that shock again but this time it was kind of nice. It made my heart beat faster than normal and just him touching me alone made me want to explode.
     "See you soon Quinney" he said letting my hand go making me feel sad and cold instantly. I just stared at his truck until it turned leaving my line of sight.