Chapter 26

"Can I be Rapunzel?" Kenny asked. "Sure, whatever you want" I said to an overjoyed Kenny making the girls laugh. "So, what are you and Tristan going as?" V asked. "I don't know" I said. "He just said pick him something out and it has to be cool" I shrugged as I watched Kenny pick out a pink colored dress.
       "No. Can I be Moana?" She asked excited. "Sure" I smiled making the girls laugh again. She always did this. Since her birthday was around Halloween she loved to dress up and choosing a costume was always the hardest. "You should just pick it out for her and get this over with" Tegan said taking a sip of her smoothie. "Can I be Violet from the Incredibles?" She asked. "Kenny you don't have to ask me. Just pick all three and then we'll choose" I told her. "Ok" she exclaimed walking back to the rack.
        "What are you guys going as?" I asked them. "Well Jackson and I are going as a priest and a nun" V said looking around. "Ok I found it" Kenny smiled. Showing me her costumes. "Ok. Let's go try it on" I said walking to the dressing rooms. "Wait" I said stopping at a rack. It gave me the perfect idea for our costume.
      I walked into Tristan's office to find him leaning over paperwork. "Hello, my handsome boyfriend" I smiled sitting on his lap. "You're extra excited" he exclaimed. "Well I am." I smiled kissing him. "Everything is set and ready for Saturday" I exclaimed. "Hmm. Kenny turns six" he smiled. "I know" I pouted.
       "Soon she'll be off to high school, then prom, and college" I frowned thinking about her growing up. "It's just sucks that my mom is going to miss it all" I said leaning into him. "I'm pretty sure she's watching and she's proud" he smiled. "Speaking of which" he said pushing me off his lap and going to the book case behind the couch.
       "Come" he said. "Pull this red book, then the green, and then the blue" he said. I pulled the books in that order and heard a click making the bookcase open. "That's cool" I smiled. "Here is the safe it has everything in here" he smiled. "Including this" he said handing me a small black leather box with gold stitching. "I got this for Kenny it just needs the pictures" he smiled making my eyes water. It was a gold heart shaped locket with Kenny's name on it.
       "This is so beautiful thank you" I sniffed. "No Problem. She's my family too" he said kissing me. I kissed him back wrapping my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. "I don't deserve you" I pouted. "Yes, you do." He exclaimed kissing me. "Don't ever doubt yourself" he smiled. "So then make me your mate" I begged looking him in the eyes. "I want to" he said "I really do. But please let me do this right" he begged. "But if we're together then it's already right" I exclaimed feeling my eyes water.
        "Do you not want me to be your mate?" I asked feeling the tears fall. "I do. I really do. But I want this done when you have my full attention and not half of it" he said wiping my tears. "I love you Quinn Carter, and I will make you my mate." He smiled kissing me.
       I awoke to an empty bed and frowned. Usually I would have to pry Tristan off me and as much as It annoyed me, I missed it. Last night was a full moon so Tristan and Tegan left for the night. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Today was Saturday which meant it was Kenny's party today. I heard the door open and snickering. I closed my eyes pretending to be sleep. "Wake up. Wake up. Wake up" Kenny said jumping on the bed. I pretended to ignore her making her jump even more.
        "I know you're up" she said jumping even more. "Fine" I sighed "I'm awake" I smiled. "Why are you so excited today?" I asked feigning dumb. "It's my party today" she smiled. "What! A party?" I heard Tristan say from the door making me smile. "Tristan" she screamed running towards him. "Hey short stuff" he smiled picking her up. "What's this I hear about a party?" He smiled coming to the bed and sitting down.
       "It's my birthday party today" she smiled "and it's Halloween." She finished. "What that's crazy" he exclaimed. "So, you get gifts and candy?" He asked. "Yep" she smiled wiggling out of Tristan's arms and jumping on the bed again making us laugh. "Hey. It sounds like too much fun in here" Tegan smiled from the door way. "Auntie T" she smiled jumping off the bed and running towards her. I loved the fact that they loved Kenny as their own. "I have something for you" Tegan smiled picking her up. "What?" She asked. "It's downstairs" she smiled. "I wanna see please" she begged. "Fine let's go" she smiled at her besides "these two wanna kiss anyways" she said making a face with Kenny and leaving making us laugh.
       As soon as she closed the door Tristan kissed me. "Mmm. I missed you" I smiled against his lips. "Me too" he said pulling me closer. "Well let's make up for that lost time" he exclaimed wagging his eyebrows making me laugh.