Chaper 7

It's been three days since I spoke to Tristan. Needless to say I missed him bothering me. I felt sad all the time and it was annoying. I've only known the guy for two weeks.
      Today was Saturday and it was Maddy's birthday. I pulled into Liv's driveway and saw it was filled with more cars than usual. We got out and made our way to the back yard. There were pink balloons everywhere and kids running wild. I found Troy by the grill and made my way towards him.
       "Can I go play now?" Kenny asked and I nodded. She handed me Maddy's gift and took off running. "Hey" I smiled walking up to Troy. "Oh hello Quinn. How are you?" He smiled. "I'm good. The food looks great. Where's Liv?" I asked. She's inside prepping the cake. You can give her the gifts as well" he smiled turning back to the food.
         "Wait Quinn" I heard Troy call for me as I started walking away. "Yeah" I responded. "I don't want to overstep or anything, but I just wanted to know, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to. But is there was anything going on with you and Tristan?" He asked making my heart pump a little. "Um I don't know really." I said unsure and not really wanting to talk about it with his brother. "I'm going to go drop this off" I said holding the gift up.
       "Hey can you go get the ice cream from the basement. We're going to sing happy birthday soon." Liv asked me, and I nodded. I made my way into the house and bumped into something hard. I knew who it was instantly from the tingles running through my body. I looked up and wanted to smile and hug him so badly, but I forced my body not to. I took in his appearance. His usual happy calm demeanor was hard and mean. He has some stubble on his face, and he looked stoic.
      "Um hi" I said timidly. I was unsure of what to say. "Quinn" he replied void of emotion. "How are you?" I asked trying to make small talk. It was starting to become awkward and it was actually starting to hurt. Why was he acting so cold towards me? I felt my eyes sting making me walk off before I cried infront of him. I ran into the basement and trying to reign in my emotions. I don't know why I was so emotional. Maybe my period was coming.
       I felt his presence behind me, but I didn't turn around. "I'm sorry" he sighed. "I was just upset about our argument and the way you treated me" he exclaimed. "It kind of hurt" he whispered. "I'm sorry." I turned around to look at him. "It's just that we never met at the festival, and then you went AWOL after that. When I called and texted you, you didn't reply." I said looking up at him. "I'm sorry. I had important business to attend to, and I lost my phone." He said looking at me sincerely.
       "I don't know what it is about you, but I like you. More than anything, and then when you didn't text me I felt hurt." I whispered. "I'm sorry. I Should've handled that better" he said. "It's fine because I shouldn't have over reacted" I chuckled. "And I'm sorry about the shake" I told him feeling shitty. "Ehh" he shrugged. "I've had worse" he chuckled. "Friends?" I asked holding my hand out. "Friends" he smiled pulling me into a hug.
     It was the best thing my body ever experienced. It was as if I was being taken in by big soft cuddly pillow after being taken out the dryer. I wrapped my arms around him and taking in his smell. He smelled kind of earthy and minty. It was a weird combination but I loved it.
I stayed behind to help Liv clean up. Tristan, Alice, and Mark did as well. We were cleaning up the yard while she and Troy were putting up Maddy's gifts.
      "So I was thinking we can do something tonight since you don't have Kenny." Tristan exclaimed picking up some trash from the floor. "Sure" I smiled keeping it cool on the outside. "What did you have in mind?" I asked curiously. "Well they're doing a special showing of Night of The Damned at the drive through theater" he smiled. "That's if you don't mind scary movies" he said looking at me hopefully. "Sure" I smiled trying to keep my composure. "I love scary movies" I lied.
      I mean I didn't really see the appeal in them anymore because they were more sex, and gore than scary. "Ok" he smiled "I'll pick you up at nine?" He asked and I nodded. "Can't wait" I smiled calmly on the outside but on the inside, I was jumping like a schoolgirl.